Help to decide on which London Hotel

maggietaggie

Looking at either staying at The Reubens at the Palace or The Royal Horseguards Hotel post our cruise to do all the first time visit to London sights.  Walking not an issue so looking for comments/reviews on both hotels so that we can make a decision as we just can’t decide.  

We would highly recommend The Rubens! We stayed there for a week pre cruise in July. We had a fabulous stay there. The staff was very attentive and the location was great. 

If you have time we would recommend their Afternoon Tea. It was delicious and a nice experience. 

Purely in terms of general location and immediate surroundings, my preference would be for the Royal Horseguards--but just because it's slightly more convenient for some of "my" London places. (Around the corner from the handy Embankment underground station and an easy walk to the South Bank, Trafalgar Square, the National Gallery, and countless other places worth visiting.) The Reubens's location isn't bad by any means--across the street from the Royal Mews and around the corner from the facade of the Palace, but slightly farther from certain places where I like to spend time.

There are thousands of reviews of both hotels on Tripadvisor and similar websites; I'm not sure how a few more recommendations here is going to make much difference. 

(For what it's worth--practically nothing at this point--I stayed at the Reubens once in the late 1970s, and paid about £16 a night for an en suite single, with breakfast. I'd be happy to jump into a time machine and go back and stay there for a few months.😊)