Swimming with Dolphins - Min. Age

NJmomma

I have a question for you experienced cruisers out there -

DH & DS are signed up for the swimming with dolphins shore excursion on Tortola (NCL Dawn deaprting 4/6). My son is 7 (will be 8 in 3 months) and a good swimmer. My question is: The min. age requirement for this excursion is 8 yrs old. I signed up my son because I didn't know if he would get another opportunity to do this, seems like a totally awesome experience and he is really looking forward to it. My travel agent told me I probably wouldn't have any problems - anybody have any opinions or info?

Will I run into problems becasue he's not actually 8 yet? Thanks!

I had the same question as my son will turn 8 one month after our cruise. I emailed the place directly and was told that as long as he met the height requirement, they probably would not ask his age, but that if they did ask his age we were to say he was 8. I would not judge someone else for doing this, but we do not want our kids to think that it is ok to lie, and since he wasn't as excited about the dolphin swim as his sister, we decided that my daughter and I will do the swim and my husband and son will do something else that day. You may want to email the place directly to see what they say, but chances are you will be ok.

Archived