Seabourn’s Evening OBC

Cru Doll

On 9/16/2024 at 12:00 PM, margbem said:

We have some onboard credit from Seabourn for a special birthday on our next cruise and also we have the referral credit, plus our stockholder credit. We book through a UK agent who also gives us 10% discount.

4 hours ago, labates629 said:

Does the itinerary include Ephesus, Turkey? Could be referencing the included evening event Seabourn put on at the amphitheater?  Seems an odd way to describe OBC!

Thanks for your responses.

Yes, I did send an inquiry to our travel agent and am awaiting a response.  

Thanks Utopia 1 for your post.  The item was called a Cruise Evening. The Retreat dinner would be welcomed!  

50 minutes ago, Lilly55 said:

So what is it?

Sorry about that!

It is OBC that can be used for anything at any time on the cruise.  The difference between that and the regular OBC that our agent provides is that this one is like Seabourn’s OBC, it is non-refundable.  Our agent’s regular OBC is refundable.  

In the past we received special, quality excursions in addition to the agent’s refundable OBC.  So this one is similar to Seabourn’s.   I have no idea why it’s referred to Cruise Night OBC.  Neither does our agent.  

1 hour ago, Cru Doll said:

I have no idea why it’s referred to Cruise Night OBC.  Neither does our agent.  

My previous agents company offered a cruise night OBC in conjunction with a promotion with a specific cruiseline I previously sailed, Crystal.  This didn’t happen often and was tied to an annual event/dinner that travel agency did with crystal.   At the time they were one of the cruiseline largest seller.  Anyhow, it was called a Cruise night OBC as it was a promo for booking that night and/or a specified timeframe.  It was an agency perk

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

20 hours ago, nancygp said:

My previous agents company offered a cruise night OBC in conjunction with a promotion with a specific cruiseline I previously sailed, Crystal.  This didn’t happen often and was tied to an annual event/dinner that travel agency did with crystal.   At the time they were one of the cruiseline largest seller.  Anyhow, it was called a Cruise night OBC as it was a promo for booking that night and/or a specified timeframe.  It was an agency perk

Nancy

That’s interesting Nancy.  Was it also one that could be used on anything, but non-refundable?  In the past our agency provided excursions with a group called Distinctive Voyages for each segment of the cruise in addition to the refundable OBC.  We never knew if we would receive these until we boarded, so this is one of their upfront perks.  This particular cruise is not until October, 2025.  

Anne Marie

1 hour ago, Cru Doll said:

That’s interesting Nancy.  Was it also one that could be used on anything, but non-refundable?  In the past our agency provided excursions with a group called Distinctive Voyages for each segment of the cruise in addition to the refundable OBC.  We never knew if we would receive these until we boarded, so this is one of their upfront perks.  This particular cruise is not until October, 2025.  

Anne Marie

hi Anne Marie,

first, this was prior to the pandemic, from the mid 2000’s to 2019.  Second, it was an obc to be used on crystal and I can’t recall if those obs’s were refundable or non-refundable as over time crystals policy could have changed.  That OBC could be used like any other OBC.My previous Travel agent and my current one were/are affiliated with agencies that are part of the Signature Network.  Since 2022, I’ve exclusively sailed on seabourn.  My TA’s agency provides an obc through their affiliation with signature.  In one instance it wasn’t offered so the obs I received was from Amex Platinum cruise privileges and my TA took,care of getting it applied.  We’ve also received additional OBC from seabourn on most of our cruises as seabourn was offering them as a promo.  On our cruise last month, all of our OBC was refundable once on board.  The dollar amount of the shore excursions purchased pre-cruise was equal to or greater to the amount of Obc we had.

hope this is helpful.  Best for you to have your TA get clarification from seabourn.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

35 minutes ago, nancygp said:

hi Anne Marie,

first, this was prior to the pandemic, from the mid 2000’s to 2019.  Second, it was an obc to be used on crystal and I can’t recall if those obs’s were refundable or non-refundable as over time crystals policy could have changed.  That OBC could be used like any other OBC.My previous Travel agent and my current one were/are affiliated with agencies that are part of the Signature Network.  Since 2022, I’ve exclusively sailed on seabourn.  My TA’s agency provides an obc through their affiliation with signature.  In one instance it wasn’t offered so the obs I received was from Amex Platinum cruise privileges and my TA took,care of getting it applied.  We’ve also received additional OBC from seabourn on most of our cruises as seabourn was offering them as a promo.  On our cruise last month, all of our OBC was refundable once on board.  The dollar amount of the shore excursions purchased pre-cruise was equal to or greater to the amount of Obc we had.

hope this is helpful.  Best for you to have your TA get clarification from seabourn.

Nancy

Thanks for the explanation Nancy.

We also receive OBC from Seabourn and Carnival stock holdings.  However, that has  always been non-refundable.   Everything through our travel agency has been refundable.