FREE Soft drinks package for kids

kevboy

It looks like the previous rule regarding free package for kids has been stopped. In August on Arvia my daughter and her 14 year old shared a cabin. My daughter purchased the Classic package and her daughter was given the soft drinks package for free. The rule was that all adults in the cabin must purchase the package in order for Children to get free. When checking a potential cruise now on Ventura for Christmas, Both my daughter and granddaughter have to pay for the classic package each yet because of her age my granddaughter will only be served soft drinks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Can anyone clarify this situation for me please? 

regards kevboy.

Following the link from the previous post, the full text is below. The last sentence is confusing!

A guest aged 17 years old or under will receive a complimentary Refresh drinks package when a qualifying adult in the same cabin has purchased a Classic or Deluxe drinks package. *

Only one guest under 17 years old will receive a complimentary Refresh drinks package for each adult who has purchased a Classic or Deluxe package.

* Please note, if the second guest on your booking is aged 17 or under, they will then be charged for the Classic drinks package but receive the Refresh drinks package once onboard. 

Or at least give the under-17-year-old the Non-Alcoholic package rather than the refresh package. So at least they have a lot more choice and a bit closer in price to the classic package.