Live from the Pride of America - 09/21-09/28/2024 - Hawai'i (Oahu to Maui to Hawai'i to Kaua'i)

Seas2mountains

10 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Beautiful Oahu sunset from Waikiki ... Mahalo.  Thank you for sharing. 

Jetlag being the worst in the mid/late afternoon for us as we fly in from the East Coast ... 

When we go to Alaska or Hawaii, we know the jet lag is worse for those from the East coast. We are in the Mountain time zone so it isn’t as bad for us. We are adjusting and stayed awake an hour later last night. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrsTocko said:

Do they offer day use for vets?  My brother from another mother, is a vet. He and his wife (my sister from another mister) have a timeshare in HI. but they often have long layovers on the flight home.  He would love this.  

I don’t think they offer any day use for veterans. They require people to be hotel guests to use the pools. They give a daily wrist band after confirming the guests are hotel guests. Maybe he could get a hotel room for one day? 

Well, gooooood morning and it is not even 6 AM local time there, rise-n-shine ultra-early and read like you won't be watching the sunrise from that partial oceanview.  How are those ABC stores that's on every other street corner in Waikiki ?   It's always fun to stop in there to look around but a Target store as the "anchor" for the International Marketplace ... hmmm.  

How about this at your nearby McD, in case you decided to check them out for breakfast - the local "specials" that you don't get in the lower 48 states/U.S. mainland ?  and there is something else on their island menu, not available here on the East or West Coast for that matter.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c0f2e894907590db33b4b844e44c1408.jpeg

OK, just kidding and wait, today is the big day ... Embarkation for the POA !  

Bon Voyage and keep those beautiful pictures coming ! 

• Like 3

Today is cruise day!! 😃

We were able to stay awake (barely) for the fireworks at 8pm. The internet said they were at 7:45pm which was incorrect. 

We got a table at the Pool bar patio area at the resort which is near the big family pool but isn’t poolside like the name sounds. 

The sky was beautiful for about an hour after the sun set and the weather was perfect with a light breeze. IMG_4179.thumb.jpeg.e39a5a8cada8b26020b85c013f82abef.jpeg

People definitely got there early to get seats. We got there about 7pm and all tables were taken. We asked a man sitting alone if we could join him and share his table. He kindly agreed and said he wasn’t planning to stay for the fireworks. 

There was bar service at the tables so my husband enjoyed some Mai Tais while I enjoyed drinking wine. 

IMG_4182.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

IMG_4184.jpeg

IMG_4187.jpeg

IMG_4192.jpeg

• Like 8

I would like to hear if the free at sea beverage package includes alcohol and beer on the Pride of America?  We have it booked for next year and I'm not sure about this package. It says for all ages and makes me wonder about alcohol for ages 21 and up?

We arrived at the cruise terminal at about 10:30am. Porters were there to grab our bags as we got out of the Uber.

The general security line took about 15 minutes and the wait to check in agreed and a few minutes   

They handed out shell leis after security. We think they gave us flower leis when we got on the Spirit last year. We wore them for about 15 minutes so we are not disappointed.

We are waiting to embark. We were given a piece of paper that said we were in boarding group A.  We asked about priority for Diamond and were given a priority access piece of paper.

We are being entertained by a singer playing upbeat Hawaiian music on a guitar.

I have photos to share later from our walk this morning.  

IMG_4254.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seas2mountains said:

The general security line took about 15 minutes and the wait to check in agreed and a few minutes   

Oops -The general security line took about 15 minutes and the wait to check in took a few minutes.  Not sure how the word agreed got in there. 

Guests in suites embarked at about 11am. Priority access which was for Platinum and above and those needing assistance was called next. 

IMG_4255.thumb.jpeg.958a4c75691467b8071fdead138ea13f.jpeg

We got on the ship at about 11:08am. We went to the muster station, changed one dinner reservation, explored the ship a bit and enjoyed time in the hot tub. Our first drinks were a frozen margarita for my husband and a Rebellious Fish for me. I think it’s been a few years since I’ve seen a Rebellious Fish on the drink menu. 

Initial impressions are positive. Bar servers on the pool deck are friendly and we’ve been asked if we want a drink several times. Staff located around the ship have been welcoming. 

IMG_4301.jpeg

6 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Well, gooooood morning and it is not even 6 AM local time there, rise-n-shine ultra-early and read like you won't be watching the sunrise from that partial oceanview.  How are those ABC stores that's on every other street corner in Waikiki ?   It's always fun to stop in there to look around but a Target store as the "anchor" for the International Marketplace ... hmmm.  

How about this at your nearby McD, in case you decided to check them out for breakfast - the local "specials" that you don't get in the lower 48 states/U.S. mainland ?  and there is something else on their island menu, not available here on the East or West Coast for that matter.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c0f2e894907590db33b4b844e44c1408.jpeg

OK, just kidding and wait, today is the big day ... Embarkation for the POA !  

Bon Voyage and keep those beautiful pictures coming ! 

Thank you for adding that info. I forgot about the Hawaiian McD’s menus being different. We had a great grab and go hot breakfast of “breakfast bowl” which was eggs, crispy tater tots which remind me of the former NCL hash browns and breakfast meat of choice. There was too much food and next time we need to share one for two of us. 

IMG_4203.thumb.jpeg.340cb61359726fc5fa432a717e14fc8d.jpegIMG_4204.thumb.jpeg.6aeb3d365fd57804aca172cf61ca31a3.jpeg

We passed a few ABC stores on our walk. They even have a daily food special listed at one we passed. 

IMG_4225.jpeg

IMG_4226.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg