New QM2 voyages added for May-June 2026

bluemarble

On 9/20/2024 at 3:03 PM, D&N said:

In practice we don't go out on deck much. We're onboard for the dressing up and dancing.

I maybe nip out early to get a sunrise photo. We certainly won't go outdoors in inclement weather.

The gym is much more effective for high intensity cardio than walking, and if we want fresh air and sunshine we'd just stay at home! ☀️

Gosh.  We go out every day, unless the outside decks are officially closed.  I need to get out of the stuffy inside atmosphere at some point.  Even in rain we stand under overhangs on promenade decks.  We do the dressing up too - anoraks, hats, extra layers if needs be.

i was once asked by someone who probably couldnt mind his own business if I knew it was wet outside when he saw me about to disembark in port in outdoor clothing.  Yes, says me.  You are not going off are you?  Yes.  Well its wet outside.  So I said truthfully, I live in a wet place and if I didnt go outside when it is raining I wouldnt go out at all.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Planning to cruise said:

So I said truthfully, I live in a wet place and if I didnt go outside when it is raining I wouldnt go out at all.

You may have picked up that we used to live in Scotland. We didn't go out much there without a car! 😃

We did get caught in an unexpected downpour a few weeks back, but at least the rain is warm here and we got showers as soon as we got home.

Cagouls are our one concession to the elements when travelling to/from QM2.

On 9/20/2024 at 3:53 PM, foodsvcmgr said:

I had been looking forward to being on a thoroughly refreshed ship for the Eclipse cruise in August 2026, certainly will enjoy it in any case.

Me too - was hoping they may have refitted the “basic” QG suite bathrooms with more accessible showers before then!