Extra Tariff Fee at Port Cape Liberty

FIRELT5

That was my next question... I'm sailing in 3 weeks... paid in full... how would they expect to collect that from me???

Thanks for answering it...

In the grand scheme... I'm surprised it hasn't been done already!!!

Just spoke with RCCL C & A Society and they stated that this will effect new bookings only !!!!

I noticed that the article mentioned last Sunday's cruise passengers as the last to leave tax-free. I'm wondering if they will be charging people as they board?

I noticed that the article mentioned last Sunday's cruise passengers as the last to leave tax-free. I'm wondering if they will be charging people as they board?

RCCL was aware of the situation. Hard to believe that they will be collecting money at the port. RCCL stated that this is part of your NCF of your fee.

Stay tuned !!!

Thanks for the info and please post a reply if you hear more! We'll be there in 3 weeks. :)

There will be no added on fee for passengers that have already paid for their cruises...:D

My TA just got word back, in writing, from Celebrity about the new charges at Bayonne:

March 31, 2006

"The 31.50 is included in the cost of the guests cruise, they will not be charged an additional at the pier.

Thank you!

April R. Lance

Celebrity Special Services/AAD Supervisor - ICT"

I suggest you might want to copy it and have it with you when you get to Bayonne. At least it will give us some recourse if there is a problem.

Terry:)

$31.50 PER PERSON for the joy of sailing from New Jersey??? You have got to be kidding me..."FULL GREED AHEAD"!!! Tell New Jersey they can keep their port and their taxes!!! ROSS

Quite a statement from a person who lives in Taxachusetts! And yes, we have the credentials to talk about the Bay State. Joan is from Greenfield, I want to law school and met her in the Boston area (Harvard Law School), and we spent the first year of our marriage in married student housing, Holden Green, on the Cambridge-Somerville border. We were there when Legal Seafood was just a bunch of picnic tables in a side room of a fish store, complete with sawdust on the floor.

Yes, port taxes are outrageous, but I believe that Boston charges them as well. They're already buried in your "nondiscountable" portion of your cruise fare.

The Garden State is a great place, and it's convenient to be able to drive right up to the pier. Try it, you'll like it. I am glad, however, that our cruise on the Zenith on 5/13 is already paid for.

$31.50 PER PERSON for the joy of sailing from New Jersey??? You have got to be kidding me..."FULL GREED AHEAD"!!! Tell New Jersey they can keep their port and their taxes!!!

ROSS

I would much rather sail from New Jersey, than New York. The traffic issue alone. All embarkation ports and airports have their additional taxes. We aren't aware of the specifics, because it is included in our port fees. Last week my DH parked at Oakland airport, off-site facility. In addition to the $12.00/per day fee, there was an additional 18% airport fee. The airport had been upgrade in recent years, and additional revenue has to be raised in order to pay for these facilities. In order to avoid these fees...don't travel.

There will be no added on fee for passengers that have already paid for their cruises...:D

<B>My TA just got word back, in writing, from Celebrity about the new charges at Bayonne:

March 31, 2006

</B>

<B>

"The 31.50 is included in the cost of the guests cruise, they will not be charged an additional at the pier.

</B>

Thank you!

April R. Lance

Celebrity Special Services/AAD Supervisor - ICT"

I suggest you might want to copy it and have it with you when you get to Bayonne. At least it will give us some recourse if there is a problem.

Terry:)

I always say that everyone wants a piece of the pie!!

O.K. I have a question. It was stated that as long as your trip is paid for you will not be charged the additional fee. Now I have a cruise in Oct., made the deposit, but the balance of the cruise will be paid in July. I would assume that the $31.50 will be added then or not???

Marilyn

O.K. I have a question. It was stated that as long as your trip is paid for you will not be charged the additional fee. Now I have a cruise in Oct., made the deposit, but the balance of the cruise will be paid in July. I would assume that the $31.50 will be added then or not???

Marilyn

We are also sailing out of Cape Liberty in October on The Explorer.

According to RCCL, Your price is locked in at the time of purchase.

Hopefully this is correct !!!

Archived