Tendering in

natvtxn

We will be in Cozumel on 4/10 on Ecstacy. When I was there in October 2005 (5 days before Wilma visited) of course the pier was there. This is only my second cruise and therefore I've never experienced tendering in. We do not have an excursion planned as we plan to just go to the beach and shop for a bit. What I would like to know is what is tendering in like? What exactly happens. Any hints or tips on making it as smooth as possible. Thanks for all your help!

Couple of things to keep in mind:

Those who booked excursions through Carnival will have priority for getting on the tenders. This does not mean you will have to wait all day, but if a lot of people have excursions, it could slow you down a bit.

The tenders run back and forth all day, and are usually pretty efficient. May want to hop over to the Carnival board and ask what others on your same ship/itinerary have experienced.

All in all, tendering is not an ideal situation, but it does allow us to cruise to places we otherwise could not.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in Cozumel on 3/29 and had to tender in. We did not have an excursion. We were on NCL and on there you have to get in line to get your tender tickets...we arrived about 20 mins before hand and got the very first tickets. We DID have to wait till all the exursion people got off but that was about 45 mins max. They called our numbers and we went to the boat. Pretty efficent process and did not knock off too much time! :p

Archived