Balcony Cabin E505 - SKY PRINCESS

RiaT

Hi,

Next year we are going on a cruise for the first time on the Sky Princess.

We booked a deal and got the cabin E505 allocated.

There are lots of reviews and videos of cabins on the Sky Princess on the web to look at.

But we cannot find anything about cabin E505. Wherever we look it goes from E504 to E506, missing out E505.

We know the cabin is on Deck 8 (Emerald) and has a balcony with an obstructed view.

I appreciate any help of finding out what the cabin is like noise wise and how obstructed the view is.

Just hope it is not a bad choice to book when you cannot specify cabins yourself.

21 hours ago, RiaT said:

Hi,

Next year we are going on a cruise for the first time on the Sky Princess.

We booked a deal and got the cabin E505 allocated.

There are lots of reviews and videos of cabins on the Sky Princess on the web to look at.

But we cannot find anything about cabin E505. Wherever we look it goes from E504 to E506, missing out E505.

We know the cabin is on Deck 8 (Emerald) and has a balcony with an obstructed view.

I appreciate any help of finding out what the cabin is like noise wise and how obstructed the view is.

Just hope it is not a bad choice to book when you cannot specify cabins yourself.

I just looked on deck plans on Cruise Mapper, & I can see it. It's a good spot midship just up from the lifts starboard side.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for coming back to us.

We are just a bit worried about the space of the cabin and the view from the balcony.

Apparently, there are some standard (not Deluxe) cabins on Deck 9, that have the larger balconies with no obstruction but are not the higher priced 'Premium' category.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't be too worried. I am booked in the same cabin for an upcoming cruise. My wife and I have been on 75+ cruises, and our choice of cabin varies considerably based on a number of issues, including expected weather, the area you're cruising, the number of sea days, your sleeping preferences, price, etc. If you plan to spend most of your time on shore or exploring the ship, why pay for a balcony cabin at all? E505 is a convenient location, near the steps and elevator, not at either bouncy end of the ship, and you have access to the fresh air. We enjoy the balcony not so much to sit out there, but just to allow the fresh air and soothing sea sounds to lull us to sleep at night. But I wouldn't pay $100 extra per night for the privilage. Unless you want to spend hours on end sitting on your tiny balcony, why worry about an 'obstructed view'? The whole ship provides wonderful views, both indoor and outdoor.

I find that the Sky Princess, for whatever reason, offers basic obstructed balconies for less cost that regular oceanview cabins. So why not have the option of smelling the fresh salt air as opposed the just looking out a window? I am sure that E505 will not have any noise issues to be concerned about, its location is convenient, and the view will be just fine. I do hope that you enjoy your upcoming cruise. Send me some cabin pics (and balcony views) when you return. Our time on the Sky is April of 2026. Good luck.

Richard

rchristie58@gmail.com

• Thanks 1

Thank you rchristie58 for your reply.

You made some good points.

We decided to stay in cabin E505.

Our cruise is after all in November, so probably will be a bit fresh sitting out on the balcony.

I will send some cabin pics on our return.

I hope you will enjoy your upcoming cruise in April 2026.

Thanks again

Ria

The views on Emerald Deck from this type of balcony typically tends to look over the top of lifeboats and at worst you might have a davit positioned where you would not choose. The lifeboats are down low but you still have a good view of the sea. I should happily sail in this cabin as it has many good attributes as others have mentioned.

Regards John

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2024 at 8:03 PM, john watson said:

The views on Emerald Deck from this type of balcony typically tends to look over the top of lifeboats and at worst you might have a davit positioned where you would not choose. The lifeboats are down low but you still have a good view of the sea. I should happily sail in this cabin as it has many good attributes as others have mentioned.

Regards John

Thank you for your and all the other comments. I am glad we didn't pay the extra to upgrade the cabin. The money is better spent on a drink 🍾