Sailing on Liberty to Nova Scotia and the New England States 09/26/24--- sail along with me

rrraydon

55 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

We just got in our Lyft who is taking us down by the wharf. It’s $14.

Forget about asking any questions, he doesn’t speak English.

We have many people on various programs ( TPS Ukraine, Haiti etc) who are trying to make living and support themselves. Many do not speak English on comfortable level.

Good afternoon from Portland!

Sadly, all of the pics I took in Boston yesterday with my new camera cannot be uploaded to my phone like I thought they could. So, I’ll have to post them when I get home. 

I will be using my phone for pics henceforth!

Today, as was recommended…we are taking the mail boat cruising today. They gave us the senior discount, although I’m not senior yet 😆, for $17. We’ll be sailing around for about 3 hrs. Great deal!!

Random pics of the port I’ve taken thus far walking around before we board. 

IMG_6401.jpeg

IMG_6402.jpeg

IMG_6403.jpeg

IMG_6404.jpeg

IMG_6405.jpeg

IMG_6406.jpeg

IMG_6407.jpeg

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 4

While we’re waiting to board… I prefer to purchase local art, crafts, and literature from locals when I stop at ports. I purchased these 2 books by the author and she signed them. 😊 

IMG_6419.jpeg

• Like 5

I also purchased a tshirt and so did Deb. It was a bit brisk this morning so I wore a long sleeve light sweater and she wore a long sleeve shirt, we both wore pants. We were dying…lol. We just put our shirts on…much better!!!

IMG_6420.jpeg

• Like 3

At the port, after you walk down the walkway, is a building that houses an information center. Deb went in to ask about the Mail Boat. The lady inside said, excellent choice! 
She gave us directions (just a few blocks down), told us it’s about 2.5 to 3 hrs, and told us to bring food or drink if we want because it’s not offered onboard. Good info! So, we stopped at the liquor store on the corner and bought water bottles. 
The mail boat delivers to various islands I believe, we will not be getting off obviously. We’re just along for the scenic ride. 

• Like 2

This is so cool!  We're going on the Jewel OTS in a few weeks; probably will be chillier than I was planning for, so will tweak the wardrobe. I was thinking 60 F in the days and 50F at night, but maybe i'm 10 degrees to high for the last week in October.

We also plan to do the mailboat in Portland and are doing a photo tour in St John and a Peggy's cove tour in Halifax NS. Also going to Sydney NS, but haven't planned anything yet (any tips will be appreciated)!

Enjoy the rest of the cruise; I'll check back to see how it was and to see what I can learn!

-Gary

• Like 2

1 minute ago, capn_noobie said:

This is so cool!  We're going on the Jewel OTS in a few weeks; probably will be chillier than I was planning for, so will tweak the wardrobe. I was thinking 60 F in the days and 50F at night, but maybe i'm 10 degrees to high for the last week in October.

We also plan to do the mailboat in Portland and are doing a photo tour in St John and a Peggy's cove tour in Halifax NS. Also going to Sydney NS, but haven't planned anything yet (any tips will be appreciated)!

Enjoy the rest of the cruise; I'll check back to see how it was and to see what I can learn!

-Gary

My first time in Portland… love this place! 🥰 

• Like 2