Barcelona Info?

Taking my (80 year young) mom on Century Med. this summer, which leaves from and returns to Barcelona. I'm booking flights and planning to arrrive a few days early, but I have no idea where the airport is in relation to the cruise port. Is there any possibility of making an 11:10 am flight out of BCN on Monday, 9/25? Ship is due to arrive back in port at 7 am. Thank for your help.

Going into a Mediterrean Cruise with a two day stay in Barcelona is a very smart idea. There will be no need to stress and the city has alot to offer depending on your interest. From the Air Port to the Port area is about 8 kilometers (6 miles). I take it you will be heading to a hotel before the cruise. Taxi service in Barcelona is very good. As long as you can show the driver a map with your hotel name they can find it. Taxi service from the Air Port to the Las Ramblas area should run around 25 to 28 Euros depending on how much luggage you have. On the day of the Cruise just get a cab it won't break the bank. As for flying out at 11:00AM on a Monday just make sure you get to the airport by 9:00AM. If your fly out is on the same day your cruise ends the time is tight but can be done. Just make sure you fill out the paper work on the Ship for a reasonable departure time. Make sure you tell your Mon she's going to have a good time. Tim

We were on the Splendour for 1 week in July. Our flight left at 11:30AM.

We had pre-arranged for a taxi to meet us at 8:30AM. We were off the ship before 8:00! Be sure to request(insist) on early departure tags. Leaving the ship was very organized with colour coded carousels with our luggage. It was approximately a 30 minute drive from the pier to the airport. (not too much traffic on early Sat.

As an aside, we stayed at the Hotel Arts (Ritz Carlton) pre-cruise. Beautiful hotel on the ocean, with luxurious rooms (ask for RECENLTY RENOVATED ROOM). Food is quite expensive at the hotel, but walk outside front door, turn left and cross the road, and there is an amazing array of outdoor tapa cafes overlooking the ocean. YUMMMMMM!

Be sure to check out La Sagradia Familia and Las Ramblas. Barcelona is a beautiful city. Enjoy!

We had a 10:40 am Delta flight out of Barcelona. We told RCCL that we had an early flight, and we were first group off the ship, around 8 am and in plenty of time for the airport. Lots of taxi's waiting to take passengers. My travel agent did not want to book that flight for us, but that was the one we needed to take, and there was really no worry.

Archived