Booked a GTY and got the Upgrade Advantage email

New2cruise2022

I almost always book a guarantee cabin and get the upgrade advantage email shortly after. I wait until I see what cabin I am assigned before deciding whether to bid or not. For my upcoming cruise I was pretty happy with the location of my inside cabin so am not bidding to upgrade. 

• Like 1

We almost always also book an inside GTY (or Sailaway, as they call it now) and we ALWAYS get offered an upgrade via the 'Upgrade Roulette' wheel of fortune...lol.   Seriously, we're 2/5 on upgrades on our last 5 cruises with NCL.  We almost always bid down at the low end ($100-200) bc if I wanted a balcony cabin I'd have spent the $$ to begin with and have booked a balcony cabin.  It's great to get the notice in your email that your bid has been accepted!

Now when we book an inside sailaway the highest category we could bid on was a balcony; no Haven or Suite.  I think if you've booked a balcony to begin with (even a Sailaway Balcony) you may be invited to bid on a suite or the Haven.  Others who've done that can address that issue as I cannot.

Hope you have a great cruise!!

11 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I almost always book a guarantee cabin and get the upgrade advantage email shortly after. I wait until I see what cabin I am assigned before deciding whether to bid or not. For my upcoming cruise I was pretty happy with the location of my inside cabin so am not bidding to upgrade. 

If my app already shows a room number assigned with 30 days to go, is that set in stone or subject to change? Because, like you, it’s a pretty good location. I don’t feel a strong need to make an adjustment. 

We received an upgrade invitation yesterday.  We're booked in a Haven Two bedroom w/large balcony.  We were offered an upgrade to the Deluxe Owners Suite w/large balcony.  The bid range was  IIRC, $200 to $2000 PP.  Funny thing.  The DOS is sold out and the two bedroom isn't.  Today, if i click on the upgrade link, I get a "There was an error."  We've been in a DOS before and were not happy with the balcony due to wind making it unusable when the ship was at sea. We did not bid on the upgrade.

2 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

If my app already shows a room number assigned with 30 days to go, is that set in stone or subject to change? Because, like you, it’s a pretty good location. I don’t feel a strong need to make an adjustment. 

That is your assigned cabin. I have never had one change without doing it myself (either via winning a bid or paying an upgrade difference). Enjoy your cruise!