Itinerary Help!

We've never sailed the mediteranean before and have the opportunity to do a cruise next year (2025) but with 2 different itineraries.  Could I please receive feedback on the following:

14 nights on Nieuw Statendam - Departing Sept 20 2025

Barcelona; Valletta; Alexandria (Egypt) overnight; Cyprus; Rhodes; Bodrum; Istanbul; Athens.

We have 2nights in Barcelona and Athens at the start and end of the cruise

10 nights on Norwegian Breakaway - Departing 3rd June 2025

Barcelona; Cannes; Livorno (overnight); Rome; Naples; Messina; Valletta; Cagliari; Palma de Mallorca; Barcelona

We have 2 nights Barcelona prior to cruise

I love both itineraries for their differences.  What we don't see this time we will prob go back and do again another time.  My only concern with the June itinerary is the crowds.  I have checkec Cruise Mapper though and for a lot of the ports the Breakaway is the only ship in port on that particular day which is good.

We have sailed on both HAL and NCL before and love both.  It will just be my husband and I are we are late 40's/early 50's.

Any comments/suggestions would be welcome, thank-you.

On 9/26/2024 at 5:03 AM, Jacaluke said:

My only concern with the June itinerary is the crowds.

No problem. The crowds in Europe are during Pentecost holiday (which starts later in June in 2025) and then July and August. And the ports in the Western Med, these cities are so big, no matter if one, two or three big ships. Or more. Things a very very different in places like Dubrovnik for example. 

Western and Eastern Med are totally different, so hard to recommend one of the two for someone who has never sailed in the Med. But I find the September sailing much more special and interesting with a really cool itinerary. Starting in Barcelona and ending in Athens is also a big plus.