Will Cunard do anything extra special if you travel on your exact anniversary?

CCotton5

As a past cruiser on many other ships, I was wondering if Cunard will do anything extra special for a couple, who are traveling on the exact date of their 35th wedding anniversary this coming August? We are taking the westbound sailing so that we will be on board to celebrate our 35 wonderful years together. Sailing on a Cunard ship, has been our dream for many years.

Thanks,

Christy

Christy,

I just read something today that if you submit proof of your marriage 90 days prior to sailing, Cunard will have flowers in you stateroom and a bottle of Champagne, which I believe is standard. Your anniversary has to fall within a month of your cruise date. If you have booked through an agent, they can do it for you. Otherwise you will probably have to contact Cunard direct. My husband and I are doing a westbound in mid August for our 30th. I planned our trip 2 years ago. Can hardly wait to go.

Regards,

Sue

My wife and I were on the Caronia for our 10th anniversary, and they made us a special cake. It was our first cruise, and I had mentioned just sort of offhand to the Cunard reservations clerk that we were celebrating our anniversary. I guess she passed the information along.

My husband and I sailed on our 40th Anniversary on Queen Mary 2. It was noted on our reservation that we would be celebrating on board. We even renewed our vows on board. QM2 did Nothing. My husband spoke to the concerige to arrange for flowers to be sent. Don't be disappointed if nothing is done. Normally they send a cake and decorate your cabin door. I have sailed on other cruie lines and have received cards from the captain and champage. I think it is just the Carnival influence. Happy Anniversary to you.

My husband and I sailed on our 40th Anniversary on Queen Mary 2. It was noted on our reservation that we would be celebrating on board. We even renewed our vows on board. QM2 did Nothing. My husband spoke to the concerige to arrange for flowers to be sent. Don't be disappointed if nothing is done. Normally they send a cake and decorate your cabin door. I have sailed on other cruie lines and have received cards from the captain and champage. I think it is just the Carnival influence. Happy Anniversary to you.

We also should of had this last time we were aboard but nothing The Aniversary package does not always happen.

When we got home i wrote to Cunard to complain and received £150 voucher off the next cruise.

Our Anniversary is on 31st December and last year we celebrated it onboard the Sea Princess. The previous thread is correct, you are required to sent a photocopy of your marriage certificate to Cunard and upon boarding there will be a bottle of Champagne, 2 Roses and a tray of Strawberries (dipped in chocolate) in your cabin.

You wil also be given a framed photograph (Proper picture frame, not cardboard) from any of your formal nights and a signed anniversary card from the Captain.

We are travelling on the QM2 this year for our anniversary and have already submitted our details and certificate and have been informed that the package will be supplied.

Have a great cruise.

On QE2 at least there is a category upgrade as well.

And, at least in 2006, you had to travel within 3 months of your anniversary.

We travelled near ours last year, and had the ful package, including a cake for the two of us to our table on the last night.

I hear that things will not be so good for 2007.

Thanks for all the replies to my question. I booked this exact Transatlantic crossing westbound so that we would be on the QM2 on August 28th, our 35th anniversary. The cruise will be absolutely wonderful even if Cunard doesn't do anything special. I was just wondering if there was any special consideration.

Christy

Having thought about this, I suppose it is one of those things that you'll find out when you get there.

Officially, the line is as set out above. But if you know your waiters and Maitre D' and they know the date, then who knows?

Presumably they must be informed, otherwise how does the cake get to your table?

(By the way, a word to the wise! The cake is okay, but not worth missing a Queens Grill pudding for!)

When you fill out your passenger information you have the opportunity to list any celebrations while on board.

This gets you the standing "singing waiters and a cake"

Karie,

who deliberately avoids going out on her birthday. No more off-key renditions of happy birthday!

Hi,

we are sailing August 11th and it will be our 35th Anniversary too! (end July exactly). We got an upgrade when we booked- the travel agent took a copy of our certificate to send off to cunard - the package has not shown up on our booking forms (upgrade has). I emailed Cunard who say they have the details so am looking forward to flowers, champagne and photo (as brochure). We will see but I live in hope.

best wishes for your anniversary

Heywood

The Aniversary package does not always happen.

I do not know if the rule is really applied but the fine print says: "Cunard's Wedding Anniversary and Honeymoon Programmes apply only to the fares shown in this brochure an cannot be combined with any other Cunard savings or promotional programme."

Thus all the people who take advantage of one of the special offers might be happy to receive something yet are not entitled to.

Archived