CruiseFirst Tell Me More

Bobby Winds

Is this a good idea / deal.

What are the pitfalls.

I just noticed this and really haven’t studied it YET but with your help I sure you experienced NCL cruisers will tell me the good and bad about this program.

We are thinking about a Alaska cruise sometime in 2025 or 2026

There have been lots of threads about this.

But you can buy CF for $150 and get $300,  or at times $250 to get $500.  It's an easy $150-250 discount to your next cruise.  There used to be a 4 year expiration but seems like they no longer expire.

There had been times when NCL allowed double up, to use two CFs, or a CF and a CN (Cruise Next), when NCL was re-starting after Covid.  I haven't seen such double up offers lately, so maybe they no longer offering that.  At times NCL does offer double up of using two CNs.

generally, cruise first certificates are excluded from "double up" promos.

otherwise, they offer essentially the same savings as cruise next certificates, which are purchased onboard the ship.

cruise first can be purchased months or years in advance and held in your account, or they can be purchased at the time booking (online or through your cruise consultant), provided the purchase date is at least 120 days before the sail date.

you can actually book a cruise for next week, provided you purchased the certificate at least 120 days prior.  it's a common misunderstanding, even among NCL cruise consultants... most people think the booking date has to be 120 days out. it does not. it's the purchase date of the virtual certificate. 

i use cruise first exclusively and don't bother with CN.

Edited by UKstages

4 minutes ago, UKstages said:

you can actually book a cruise for next week, provided you purchased the certificate at least 120 days prior.  it's a common misunderstanding... most people think the booking date has to be 120 days out. it does not. it's the purchase date of the virtual certificate. 

Ahhhh I just went back and reread the terms and conditions.  Easy to misunderstand that.  Thanks for this!  Might be worthwhile to purchase one today since they are worth $250 🙂