Plus package usage while in port

Knickearth

9 hours ago, qoap24 said:

I have been. When on Enchanted for the Aug 31 sailing. I was charged for 3 drinks while in the Brooklyn port with the Plus package

Were you not advised beforehand that you’d be charged?  I would expect a server to let me know that there’ll be a charge when I place an order. 

On 9/30/2024 at 4:13 PM, MacMadame said:

Their policy is their answer to a Texas law. Other cruise lines respond to the law differently but the root cause is still Texas law.

As determined by Princess. That's what the policy says. I see this as a loophole.

rereading the policy to the letter, i agree. They are using this "as determined by Princess" as a loophole. Hard to convince anyone that 2 feet of waterline off of Red hook  pier is international, but they've left it open to their interpretation. I was drinking some Perrier though, so maybe that's my international water ? 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grimace95120 said:

I was drinking some Perrier though, so maybe that's my international water ? 🙂

🤣

If I was Princess, I'd just keep the bars closed until we pushed off from the pier and then open them and say all purchases happened in "international waters" since by the time the bar is opened, orders are taken, and then delivered, they probably will be. Or close enough. Oh and have some free cheap champagne available for the people who want to get started on their drinking ASAP. 

18 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Did you query guest services as to why? 

I didn't realize it until I got home and they emailed me my statement. The charges stated "bar" and was only around $5-6 for each charge. 

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Were you not advised beforehand that you’d be charged?  I would expect a server to let me know that there’ll be a charge when I place an order. 

No, I was not told, I had a feeling because I remember seeing something on here stating leaving out of Brooklyn you get charged while at port. The part that is strange is the charger were only around $5-6 and I am pretty sure my cocktails cost more than that. 

8 hours ago, qoap24 said:

No, I was not told, I had a feeling because I remember seeing something on here stating leaving out of Brooklyn you get charged while at port. The part that is strange is the charger were only around $5-6 and I am pretty sure my cocktails cost more than that. 

Thanks for the reply.  It’s not right that they don’t inform people that there’ll be a charge.  

11 hours ago, qoap24 said:

I didn't realize it until I got home and they emailed me my statement. The charges stated "bar" and was only around $5-6 for each charge. 

You had the plus package. Do you think your drinks might have been over the $15 limit so they just charged you the extra cost of the drink plus tax rather than charging you for the drinks because you were in Brooklyn port? 

Edited by paddingtonbear