4 days pre cruise tokyo

woodley

We have four full days pre cruise in Tokyo.  I want to have some sort of plan but am finding it confusing.  We want to experience all the main attractions as well as possibly visiting Robot show, sumu wrestling, sushi making class, borderless and maid cafe.  Can anyone help with the best way of organizing this so as to get the route around the city taking in some of these activities whilst also taking in the main attractions in the area.  Also is it best to pre book tickets for the attractions or buy on the day.

We also have one full day post cruise and was thinking of a trip out of the city to enjoy the countryside,  Any suggestions?

I also have four full days in Tokyo next October.  That being said, although I can't help you organize your days because I haven't been there before, I always pre book tickets for attractions to avoid lines.   Good luck and if you figure out what you are going to do, please post or dm me.  

Keep in mind that Sumo is not always available.  There are Sumo Tournaments spaced-out over the year and in a few major locations (i.e. Tokyo, Osaka, etc)  You need to check if there is a tournament (Grand or Exhibition), and if so, purchase tickets about 1 months in advance.  You can look for detailed info online.

For a 4 day stay, we would generally opt to stay in Tokyo, but this does not answer the question of where in Tokyo :).  The city is huge and there are several neighborhoods well suited as a base.  Various areas have their pros/cons.  However, we do think it is wise to stay relatively close to a metro station and/or the Yamanote Line.  If you are planning on arriving or departing via the train (JR Line) you might also want to consider being relatively close to either Tokyo or Shinjuku stations.

Hank

try tours by local or viator for group tours.  Your hotel may also be able to arrange tours (but could cost more than booking prior to your arrival in Japan.