NASA Visit on Way from Galveston to IAH????

teacherman

We have booked our flights and arranged ground transportation to and from Bush Airport.  Our return flight does not depart until 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 30.  The transportation company mentioned we may want to stop on the way and visit NASA or some other site.  If you have done the NASA visit, what is it?  What do you get to see and how long is it to do it?  Any information about this, or any other place we could visit is welcome.  There will be 6 of us:  4 adults and two girls, ages 17 and 14.

We Visited Space Center Houston in January on our way back to IAH from our Galveston cruise. I was disappointed, but it might have been because my space-nerd expectations were set to astronomically high levels. Overall I found it to be expensive and crowded. 
We spent about three hours exploring and didn’t come close to seeing everything. 
There is the museum area and then there are tram tours of 1) Rocket Park 2) Astronaut training facility and 3 Historic mission control.
The Museum exhibits and activities are set up for the local junior high school tours. We enjoyed the motion simulator rides and the 747/shuttle walk through. 

IMG_7729.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

My experience was due to a fog situation at the port.  We arrived at our hotel near Hobby the evening before our cruise and the lobby was packed.  What was going on?  We heard that the cruises the next day were delayed because the ships could not come into port due to fog.  Lucky for us, the hotel we were at had vacancies and booked us for the following night at the same rate we had paid for our pre-cruise stay.  We decided to take an uber to NASA, Johnson Space Center, the next day.  I called this our Houston "port day" excursion.  This was a great decision.  We took an uber over and spent the whole day there.  I highly recommend it.  We really enjoyed every aspect.  To this day, I remember the Texas long horns in a corral and the fire ants everywhere.  I am from Las Vegas, and we don't have "fire" ants.  They were huge and very red!  There are so many things to see on the tram tour and the visitor center has a lot to see also.  You should definitely give it consideration.  One of many great memories of cruising life.

• Thanks 1