Barcelona Info?

matcris77381

I posed this question on the Europe board without any response. Do any of you have an answer for me re: location of airport to cruise port?

Taking my (80 year young) mom on Century Med. this summer, which leaves from and returns to Barcelona. I'm booking flights and planning to arrrive a few days early, but I have no idea where the airport is in relation to the cruise port. Is there any possibility of making an 11:10 am flight out of BCN on Monday, 9/25? Ship is due to arrive back in port at 7 am. Thank for your help.

Hi there...I also travel with my Mom (who will be 80 in August)! You should be fine with that departure time, to be sure you can call Celebrity & ask what time they advise for the earliest flight departure. Barcelona is a great town!!! Happy Cruising!!

Just remember you need to check in at BCN 2 hrs before for an international flight. That backs it up to 9:10am - I have not driven to the airport from the dock but from past postings it seems to be 30 to 45 min away.

I would check with Celebrity about recomended time for flight and when on board request early disembarkation. We did that in Ft. lauderdale and made a 10:15am flight.

Francine

It seems to me that an 11AM flight is cutting it pretty close. Last year we sailed out of Barcelona and arrived there 3 days prior to the cruise and we also stayed one day after the cruise. It is such a great city, the more time you can spend there is well worthwhile. You should try to stay that one extra day after your cruise to be sure of your flight. ;)

You should have no problem; if the ship arrives on time. I travel alot into and and out of BCN and can telll you the traffic will be going the other way, so it will be pretty much clear sailing (pun intended!). Also, they want you there 2 hours prior, but many times the last passengers are finally through the lines about an hour before flight time.

Archived