Navigator to get into four and five night market

I just learned from someone at RC that the Navigator is going to move into the four and five night market and the Enchantment of the Seas will be moved to Tampa sometime in 2007. I'm not sure if that was mentioned here yet but I thought some might be happy to hear a Voyager class ship is moving to shorter cruises.

Hi Everyone !

This move would not surprise me at all. The shorter Cruises are getting very popular, and bookings for this season have been very strong. Personally, I prefer 7-10 day sailings. However, I feel that a Voyager Class ship would do very well on shorter sailings.

I believe this may happen in Late 2007, after Navigator returns from Europe. I also feel the ship will sail from Ft Lauderdale instead of Miami. This would especially make sense if Enchantment is being moved elsewhere. It seems logical that RCI replace Enchantment with another ship in Ft Lauderdale, as the Enchantment short sailings have done well.

I am sure we will know if this is true very soon, but I expect it to happen. Time will tell.

This is going to happen and expect it to be announced before the Freedom pre-innaugural cruises start. This is big news for those who want to go on a Voyager class ship but not want to do a 7 night cruise. Remember, you heard this news here first. :)

Smart move on RCI's part if this is true. As mentioned the four and five day cruises are popular. Carnival has done very well with this market and it's about time that RCI started getting more involved. With all of the new ships coming into service they can do this. I'm just surprised that would use a Voyager class ship in place of a Vision class.

I would think that they would use an older Voyager class ship -- either the Voyager or Explorer. From what I understand, there is a lot more wear and tear with the greater number of passengers on these shorter sailings. The cruise lines tend to place their older ships on such excursions. Isn't the Century (Celebrity) scheduled to do these shorter sailings once it is refurbished?

There is also a rumor that the Navigator OTS will be moved to Los Angeles for the Mexican Riviera (one week) cruises after it summers in Europe. So who knows where it is headed after October 2007.

I had posted a release schedule for when 2007 sailing would be available to book on this board a few days ago but the thread went poof or was pulled (I am not sure which) and it indeed was mentioned in the release schedule that the navigator would be doing shorter cruises although not specifically the length of the sailings but these 4 and 5 day sailing sound about right from the info I had. I am also suprised that the navigator will be doing the shorter sailing instead of one of the older voyager class ships (voyager or explorer) but with how well the enchantment has done and also the 5 day bermuda cruises on the voyager and now explorer I am not suprised they have chosen to do this. It allows people to try out the larger royal carribbean cruises and also usually the per diems on 4 and 5 day cruises wind up being about the same or more than a 7 day sailing so they can increase their profits quite handsomely in addition to shorter cruises tend to have passengers who spend more on their sign and sail bill on a daily basis in comparison to a 7 day cruise.

We are going on a 5 night Western Caribbean cruise on the Explorer on May 7th. I like the 7 night cruises but, this just seem to work out best for us this time. Then on May 14 the Explorer is doing another 5 night cruise to Bermuda. I think that is when she is going to reposition at that time.

There is also a rumor that the Navigator OTS will be moved to Los Angeles for the Mexican Riviera (one week) cruises after it summers in Europe. So who knows where it is headed after October 2007.

Hi Cuizer !

Yes, there was a rumor about that, but I do believe it is not going to happen at this time. Several others have posted that here. Sorry !

I would think that they would use an older Voyager class ship -- either the Voyager or Explorer. From what I understand, there is a lot more wear and tear with the greater number of passengers on these shorter sailings. The cruise lines tend to place their older ships on such excursions. Isn't the Century (Celebrity) scheduled to do these shorter sailings once it is refurbished?

Hi Cruiser TK !

I would have thought they would use an older Voyager class ship as well, but it does appear that Navigator is the one that will get the assignment. I am very curious to see if they will move NAV to Ft Lauderdale, as that would be interesting news.

Century will be doing 4/5 night sailings from Miami (she is usually in Ft Lauderdale) this Winter.

Hi Cuizer !

Yes, there was a rumor about that, but I do believe it is not going to happen at this time. Several others have posted that here. Sorry !

No need to be sorry. I have been on the Navigator, but not the Vision (though I have toured the Vision) so I am happy to see the Vision stick around for a while.

I know that Explorer will be out of NJ this summer -- any word on what ship will be going out of New Jersey in Summer of '07? Was hoping for Navigator -- guess that is not going to happen.

It is a ship that is still under construction. I don't know the name of it, but I have a photo of it still in its drydock ...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=72125&g2_serialNumber=2

If a Voyager-class ship were to be moved to the West Coast, it would have to sail around the southern tip of South America to get there, right?

Yes, or it could take the long route and sail to Europe, around Africa, stop by Hawaii and then on to the West Coast.

Or, they could built a ski jump on the Caribbean side of Panama and then get the ship up to full speed and jump it.

Another option would be to call Fed Ex.

Or, if the plane that is used to transport the Space Shuttle is not busy ...

I just learned from someone at RC that the Navigator is going to move into the four and five night market and the Enchantment of the Seas will be moved to Tampa sometime in 2007. I'm not sure if that was mentioned here yet but I thought some might be happy to hear a Voyager class ship is moving to shorter cruises.

It is my understanding that the Navigator and one other Voyager class ship will be converted to a life boat aboard the Genesis ship.

Archived