Navigator to get into four and five night market

I know that Explorer will be out of NJ this summer -- any word on what ship will be going out of New Jersey in Summer of '07? Was hoping for Navigator -- guess that is not going to happen.

THe way it just sounded on the explorer 2 weeks ago, is that that ship will be permenantly doing the summer in Jersey and Winter out of miami - at least for the next few years again, that is just what the captain of the explorer said.

IT has already been announced that the Voyager and Navigator will be doing Europe in 2007, so the explorer in NJ does seem right.

The only way I want to see a Voyager class ship doing 4-5 day trips is if

one of the stops is Ensenada.

I am tired of the West Coast getting stiffed during the summer (and winter and spring and fall). If RCI

can't get a new ship over here because it is to big then they need to start building smaller ships.

I am tired of the West Coast getting stiffed during the summer (and winter and spring and fall). If RCI

can't get a new ship over here because it is to big then they need to start building smaller ships.

We agree! Would love to see a newer Radiance Class Ship in CA.

###

It is my understanding that RCI has a Vision for the West Coast. :)

It is my understanding that RCI has a Vision for the West Coast. :)
I wouldn't have a problem with her if they would just

leave her in SoCal year round.

The reason I wanted the Voyager class ship is that they can't fit in Alaska. So

there would be nowhere for the ship to go during the summer.

The reason I wanted the Voyager class ship is that they can't fit in Alaska. So there would be nowhere for the ship to go during the summer.

I don't know, Alaska is bigger than California. So if the ship can fit in California, it should be able to fit in Alaska too. :)

The ports couldn't handle a ship of that size.

Can the starboards handle a Voyager sized ship?

The Voyager is 1020 ft long x 156 ft wide x 29 ft draft

The Sapphire Princess (which summers in Alaska) is 952 ft long x 158 ft wide (at the bridge) x 28 ft draft.

So basically the Voyager is taller and longer. I believe if the Sapphire Princess can fit, so can the Voyager.

Most of the ports require a turnaround and the extra 68 feet is a lot.

I am trying to remember back to my Alaska cruise (1999) and most of the ports do require the ship to turn 180 degrees. However, given the side thrusters the Voyager class ships have, I believe they could make the turn even if they were 1200 ft long.

In Sagway the ship would have to back up a bit first, but that is exactly what the Navigator did when leaving Cozumel in August 2004. In Juneau, as I recall, there is plenty of room for spinning. I dont believe Ketchickan is a problem. Victoria might be, but if the ship is based in Vancouver, then it will not have to go to Victoria.

Meanwhile, if a Voyager class ship is based in Los Angeles, turning around in PV is no easy task (the clearance did not look that great for the Carnival Pride, which is under 1000 ft long). Mazaltan will be easier and there is plenty of room in Cabo.

So, if a Voyager class ship can turn around in PV, then I think it should have no trouble at all in Alaska.

Any possibility that Navigator will go to Port Canaveral for the 4 and 5 nighters?

At this point, anything short of the Navigator sailing out of Sky Harbor (which is in Phoenix) is possible.

Archived