Roll Call: Carnival Liberty 04/09/06

Allston29

My partner and I and another couple will be on this cruise. It's our first time on this ship, though, so we don't know much about it. If you see us, you'll know us; we're both butch-femme couples, so we don't exactly blend.

Anyway, we'd love to meet up with other gay or lesbian passengers. If there's an FOD meeting, we'll be there. If not, maybe we can meet some other way.

Can't wait! I am *so* ready for this vacation.

Jeri

My partner and I will also be cruising on this ship. I haven't been on Carnival for many years and am hoping it is gay friendly. Looking forward to meeting other G & L cruisers.

I have seen mixed ideas about FOD meetings with Carnival. I say we all request them.

Sandie

My partner and I, along with a friend (friend is not FOD that we know of) are going to be on this cruise also. There is also going to be another couple (CVANcruiser on CC) with us that are FOD. Terraweb .... I was born and raised in Asheville and still have friends and family there. It would be great to meet all of you while on the cruise. We met CVANcruiser on our cruise last Spring Break (The Gory) and we have remained great friends and visit each other often. Allston29 .... we did not have any problems last year on The Glory. We had a great time!!

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one (though doubted it on a 3000 passenger ship :-)

I have read that they are mixed about holding FOD meetings...but we should arrange one at least for ourselves!

I am excited as its my first cruise and a very spur of the moment decision! anybody else request the late dining schedule?

- Mark

Aha, I now see where your logic is (being the newbie never thought of that)....I went with the late seating so I could chow on mid afternoon pizza ;-) Plus on vacation I love the 5pm-7pm time of day doing nothing...reading and sipping a cocktail.......Roll on Saturday (spending the night in Ft Lauderdale)

- Mark

So on the main Roll Call thread, the plan is to meet at the pizzeria on the Lido Deck after the muster drill. Shall we all just meet there with the whole CC group and then plan our own gathering for later?

Allston and Sandie, I forgot to mention earlier that this will be our 4th cruise, all on Carnival, and we've never had any problems. The most fun we had was when we went with a group of about 250 gay men (there were a few other lesbians in the group, but they seemed to want to keep to themselves). I don't know if that ship was ever the same afterwards! :D (Is it okay to post links to other websites here? I have some great pictures of that cruise on my website. It's in my profile--if you go there and go to the photos page, look for the Key West/Cozumel Cruise link.) But we've had good experiences every time, even when we couldn't find any other family on board.

We have the late seating for dinner.

I'm so excited about meeting all of y'all!

Jeri

Archived