Camp Carnival

rono41

We are sailing on the Elation on July 25th for our 10 year wedding anniversary! Since we couldn't stand the thought of being away from our 2 1/2 year old girl, we decided to bring her with us. I've heard alot about CAMP CARNIVAL but was wondering if anyone else had some advice for us, or any helpful information.

Thanks,

-Ron

Cruisin on Carnival's ELATION
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

I just got back from the Celebration and took my 3 and 5 year olds. They loved the Camp Carnival and so will your child. They have so many things they do the kids will never be bored.

BTW I will be on the Elation the week before your cruise. This time we are going with no kids so we can have a full week of relaxation.

Jubilee 6/88
Celebration 6/14/04
Elation 7/18/04

Hi guys, just wanted to say my youngest liked camp carnival a lot when we went on the Celebration this past March. She's six and had a great time. (my older kids had fun too, but not as much "organized" activities in their age groups). I believe Carnival runs a good kids club.

We'll be on the Elation the week [I]after[/I] you---we're on her Aug. 1 with our 3 kids & my DD13's best friend. I expect the kids will have another good time. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Penny
Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03
Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04
Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

• 3 weeks later...
After reading some pretty negative stuff about Camp Carnival for the older kids, I'm glad to hear it sounds like it's a lot better for the young ones.

For those of you who are leaving for the Elation in the next few weeks...
Please post your Camp Carnival experiences when you get back!!!! We are saling on August 8th and would love to hear your experience (and any tips) as we will be traveling with a 2 year old, too.

Looking forward to hearing more!
Jen

We just returned from the Paradise yesterday and used Camp Carnival tons. my 3 year old loved it. Every day we picked him up he had several different pieces of artwork and projects. He went on a treasure hunt (complete with a hand made pirate hat and gold chocolate coins), danced in the talent show (well, he got cold feet-but tried!), made dinosaurs, puppets, handprints, etc. etc. They were great. My 9 y.o loved it...ping pong tournaments, games, projects. We used the babysitting each night for them also. We would sent my youngest in his pj's - some nights he fell asleep and some he didn't. But, my husband and I got alone time each night to see that shows and spend time together.

My 12 y.o didn't participate in camp at all....he didn't want to...he met two other boys and just hung around with them the whole time. I noticed the older the children are, the less participation in camp. The counselors were very good with my children and they have a lot of fun memories.

Archived