Heathrow Airport Hotels

Hi. Has anyone stayed in one of the hotels connected (within easy walking distance) of Heathrow, especially Terminal 2? I am arriving in Southampton in early June, and would like to spend a couple of days in London, but stay at a hotel at the airport and take the express into/out of the city.  I have stayed in some that are on the ring-road, but am looking for advice on one actually "attached" so I do not need to use transportation the day of my flight.  Thanks!

We have used the Holiday Inn Express "attached" to Terminal 2. It's a Holiday Inn Express, pretty much the same the world over. So it's a safe choice.

We've also stayed at The Thistle, but that is "attached" to Terminal 5 via the driverless pods. It's probably cheaper, but also slightly less convenient. Review here: https://www.journeyintodarkness.co.uk/thistle-terminal-5-hotel-heathrow-review

• Thanks 1

Apologies - I mentioned the wrong hotel 😞

We have used the Hilton Garden Inn "attached" to Terminal 2. It's a Hilton, pretty much the same the world over. So it's a safe choice. The views from the bar over the runways are excellent though.

We've also stayed at The Thistle, but that is "attached" to Terminal 5 via the driverless pods. It's probably cheaper, but also slightly less convenient. Review here: https://www.journeyintodarkness.co.uk/thistle-terminal-5-hotel-heathrow-review

Edited by blloyd78
Correcting my previous post
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, njguy_south said:

I am arriving in Southampton in early June, and would like to spend a couple of days in London, but stay at a hotel at the airport and take the express into/out of the city.  I have stayed in some that are on the ring-road, but am looking for advice on one actually "attached" so I do not need to use transportation the day of my flight.

Unless your flight out is very early in the morning, this is a pretty pointless exercise. Commuting between Heathrow (even an on-airport hotel) and central London will be frustrating, you effectively lose the benefit of being able to pop back to your hotel during the day, and you basically disable yourself from enjoying evening activities (which are some of London's greatest attractions).

Even if your flight out is very early in the morning, the benefit of doing this is highly debatable when you're staying for two nights.

A friend and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Heathrow's terminal 2 for one night before an early flight last June.  It was convenient to walk to our gate, and the room was fine.  The onsite restaurant was pricey, which is to be expected, but we had a very nice dinner there.

On a previous trip, we stayed at the Sofitel, which is at Terminal 5. It was a little less convenient to the terminal for our flight (can't remember which airline), as we had to take a short (free) ride on the Heathrow Express between terminal 5 and our departure terminal, which was either 2 or 3.  But it was a lovely hotel, and it was within the airport, so getting to the other terminals was not too troublesome.

If you've been to Heathrow, you know it's huge, and those walks can be considerable distance.  We tested the route the night before in order to know how much time to allow in the morning.