Currently on the Norwegian Sky—Any Questions?

Greetings! Hubby and I are currently sailing on the Norwegian Sky, left New York on 9/28, disembarking in Quebec City 10/9. Today we’re “at sea.” Happy to answer any questions about the ship or itinerary or anything on your mind!

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

What type of cabin do you have?  How’s the storage in the cabin? 

Hello! We chose an interior cabin because we spend very little time in it except to sleep! Our cabin has a surprisingly large closet with double doors, a long horizontal pole with the capacity to hang more clothes than I would ever travel with (plenty of nice wooden hangers included), and about 5-6 drawers for storage. There are also a few drawers in the desk and shelves above the desk. The bathroom is small but adequate with 3-4 shelves on each side of the sink for easy access to toiletries and cosmetics. Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Asawi said:

What theater entertainment is offered?

There has been a nice variety of entertainment in the Stardust Theater with shows at 7pm and 9pm. Some examples are: (1) an amazing mentalist, (2) a fabulous illusionist (both nationally recognized), (3) an amazing singer, Aaron Shaw, who played the role of the Phantom on Broadway, (4) a production show patterned after The Voice, and (5) an R-rated (adults only) comedian. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, MoCoMom said:

Hello! We chose an interior cabin because we spend very little time in it except to sleep! Our cabin has a surprisingly large closet with double doors, a long horizontal pole with the capacity to hang more clothes than I would ever travel with (plenty of nice wooden hangers included), and about 5-6 drawers for storage. There are also a few drawers in the desk and shelves above the desk. The bathroom is small but adequate with 3-4 shelves on each side of the sink for easy access to toiletries and cosmetics. Hope this helps!

That sounds like decent space.  Thanks for the description.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  It’s always sad disembarking.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Would you be kind enough to post a list of the current Officers (Bridge and Hotel)?

Thank You

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Master: Konstantinos Fafalios

Chief Engineer: Carsten Fosbo

Staff Captain: Zeljko Perovic

General Mgr: Jean-Michel Dhelin

Executive Chef: Ariel Timbang

Executive Housekeeper: Bissoondath Maharaj

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

How's satellite WiFi onboard the ship while at sea ?  Asking for friends that will be sailing her across on the upcoming TA, thanks. 

Hi! I paid for the unlimited WiFi, and I haven’t had any issues. Just put my Apple phone on airplane mode and log in to the Norwegian Sky network. Hubby didn’t buy WiFi but he has full access while we’re in a port. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tony s said:

Let’s get our priorities straight, how is the beer list?

Thanks

Tony…LOL, there are so many bars on this ship and endless choices of beer, wine, and cocktails! Everyone seems happy with their unlimited beverage package!😂 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MoCoMom said:

Master: Konstantinos Fafalios

Chief Engineer: Carsten Fosbo

Staff Captain: Zeljko Perovic

General Mgr: Jean-Michel Dhelin

Executive Chef: Ariel Timbang

Executive Housekeeper: Bissoondath Maharaj

Thank You  I will get it posted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZipLipZ said:

How's the noise in the room? I'm actually booking today on the Sky and trying to figure out what floor is best between 8 & 9 for room noise. 

Hi! We’re on the 10th floor Starboard side near the front of the ship. We’re under the spa. We haven’t really heard any noise except doors slamming. The doors are super heavy and close on their own if not held! Hope this helps!

• Like 1

We’ve got our cruise on the getaway next April and I’ve being seeing some negative stuff about NCL lately, so you might help to ease any worries, so a few questions 

How’s the food, MDR’s, Buffets and any other restaurants?

How’s the Cabin Steward/ cleaning or cleanliness of cabin ?

How’s the general staffing of the ship, for things like wait times at bars etc.. ?

Did you have any itinerary changes at the last minute?

Thanks for you time in advance 

Hi Phil and Gwen!

I’m sure each ship is different so I can only speak about the Sky. 

Food: We ate most meals in the dining rooms (there were two) and every single time it was a lovely experience. The service was impeccable. For breakfast, you choose whatever you’d like from a vast menu. For dinner, you choose appetizer, main course (and sides), and dessert. Hubby often chose two appetizers, but for me, the portions were quite generous. There’s a “classic” menu that stays the same each day, it includes a 12-ounce New York strip steak, 3-cheese ziti, a half rotisserie chicken, a breaded flounder, and one other choice I can’t recall. Then there’s the portion of the menu that changed daily, so many yummy choices, fresh fish, scallops, shrimp, a pasta, so much more. The appetizers were varied and plentiful. Everything from several soups to Caesar salads to spare ribs, and sushi. The desserts were beautiful and delicious. Huge wine list. I’m not really a buffet girl but we did many breakfasts there when we were short on time. The food was served very attractively, so many choices! The food was always delicious. The best parts were the fresh fruit, so so sweet, and the made-to-order crepes-YUM! Also delicious ice cream which we had every day! We ate one night in Cagney’s, the steakhouse, the service was top-notch and the food was over-the-top great. 

Our cabin steward, Edgardo, was fabulous. We’re tidy people and honestly we were barely in our cabin except to sleep but each day when we returned, our cabin was spotless with bed made and fresh towels. We didn’t make any special requests. 

Staffing: SO many!!! Always smiling and welcoming. We never had to wait for anything. If we sat at a table in a busy bar and the server didn’t come right away, we went up to the bar and ordered drinks from the bartender, no big deal. Great music in the bars! Staff was always cleaning every nook and cranny of the ship and it was never less than spotless. 

One itinerary change. We couldn’t stop at the first port, Martha’s Vineyard, super windy and it was a tender port so would’ve been unsafe. Everything else was as promised. 

Honestly, I’m so confused by the bad reviews we read about the Sky before we left. They couldn’t be less accurate. I guess there’s no pleasing some people? We have fairly high standards for all life experiences and we LOVED our cruise experience on the Sky. 

I hope this helps, happy cruising!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, MoCoMom said:

Hi Phil and Gwen!

I’m sure each ship is different so I can only speak about the Sky. 

Food: We ate most meals in the dining rooms (there were two) and every single time it was a lovely experience. The service was impeccable. For breakfast, you choose whatever you’d like from a vast menu. For dinner, you choose appetizer, main course (and sides), and dessert. Hubby often chose two appetizers, but for me, the portions were quite generous. There’s a “classic” menu that stays the same each day, it includes a 12-ounce New York strip steak, 3-cheese ziti, a half rotisserie chicken, a breaded flounder, and one other choice I can’t recall. Then there’s the portion of the menu that changed daily, so many yummy choices, fresh fish, scallops, shrimp, a pasta, so much more. The appetizers were varied and plentiful. Everything from several soups to Caesar salads to spare ribs, and sushi. The desserts were beautiful and delicious. Huge wine list. I’m not really a buffet girl but we did many breakfasts there when we were short on time. The food was served very attractively, so many choices! The food was always delicious. The best parts were the fresh fruit, so so sweet, and the made-to-order crepes-YUM! Also delicious ice cream which we had every day! We ate one night in Cagney’s, the steakhouse, the service was top-notch and the food was over-the-top great. 

Our cabin steward, Edgardo, was fabulous. We’re tidy people and honestly we were barely in our cabin except to sleep but each day when we returned, our cabin was spotless with bed made and fresh towels. We didn’t make any special requests. 

Staffing: SO many!!! Always smiling and welcoming. We never had to wait for anything. If we sat at a table in a busy bar and the server didn’t come right away, we went up to the bar and ordered drinks from the bartender, no big deal. Great music in the bars! Staff was always cleaning every nook and cranny of the ship and it was never less than spotless. 

One itinerary change. We couldn’t stop at the first port, Martha’s Vineyard, super windy and it was a tender port so would’ve been unsafe. Everything else was as promised. 

Honestly, I’m so confused by the bad reviews we read about the Sky before we left. They couldn’t be less accurate. I guess there’s no pleasing some people? We have fairly high standards for all life experiences and we LOVED our cruise experience on the Sky. 

I hope this helps, happy cruising!

That is a great help, thank you so much for your reply

This has helped to ease our worries and we’re looking forward to our cruise next April

many thanks 

Phil & Gwen

• Like 1