Pack sodas & wine or carry on

FatMan858

We are going to bring some soda and water bottles on board as well as a couple of bottles of wine (1 bottle/ person). Should I pack these in checked luggage (with my smuggled booze) or should I carry them on.

Thanks in advance,

Fatman

We just carried on 1 12 pack of diet soda and 1 12 pack of regular soda (the brand we like - not coke) without a problem. They opened the pilot bag they were in and checked just to make sure it was not beer or something else. I don't believe a bottle or 2 of wine will be a problem either. I would prefer to hand carry to prevent breakage.

I like a glass of wine before dinner while I am getting ready. So I bought the small bottles (4 packs) and wrapped each bottle in bubble wrap, then in ziplocs. Sent them with the porter and they arrived just fine. We do take a bottle of bon-voyage champagne in the carry-on - already chilled in an insulated holder. Has never been a problem. We are always celebrating a b'day or anniversary so they just wish us well and send us on. Happy Sailing!

We packed our soda's in a plain, cardboard box and checked it with the luggage. When we taped up the box, we made a makeshift handle with the tape.

The box could be saved for packing souveniers as well.

Don't drink wine here but have some major soda drinking adults. We will also bring some water since our ship has had some issues. We will be packing them in a suitcase by themselves so that when they are gone, we have extra bag room for goodies we get while gone. :rolleyes:

We brought a small collapsible/rolling cooler with some sodas, a bottle of champagne, 2 bottles of wine, bottled water, and even a few cans of beer in the bottom of it. We just checked it with the porters, but could have/would have just rolled it on if we weren't trying to save a little $ by bringing on some beer.

You can carry on wine, water, and soda.

Archived