New To Costa

boatlover

If you do, try to enjoy yourself.

My suggestion is that you book another cruise line. COSTA IS HORRIBLE

READ ALL THE REVIEW FROM EVERYONE ON THE SITE

That may be your opinion. Myself, I love Costa, and would never suggest that my opnion speaks for everyone else. My next cruise will be with Costa. We were on the Med in February. Readers should keep in mind that all of the cruise lines have good and bad reviews.:)

there is ONE thing that the costa cruise's lack that i hear complained about on every other cruise line forum.

Roudy, drunk, loud, druggy teens and collge students.

there seams to be a lack of these types on costa, or a lack of complaints about them on the forum.

count your blessings if you do not like roudy college crowds, your best bet may be costa!

okay, I give up......what is MGD?

It's his beer, Miller Genuine Draft/MGD. It doesn't matter if they stock MGD, because the Cheeseheads (Packer fans, to the uninitiated) drink it all up before the week is over and you're back to...no MGD!

It's his beer, Miller Genuine Draft/MGD. It doesn't matter if they stock MGD, because the Cheeseheads (Packer fans, to the uninitiated) drink it all up before the week is over and you're back to...no MGD!

Oh you were on that cruise. :) It happened in 2003.

Oh you were on that cruise. :) It happened in 2003.

No, I just learned that from reading these boards. I know I'll recognize you if we're on the same cruise. You'll be the guy in the pool with a Packers tattoo over your heart, drinkin' an MGD! Seriously though, I see from your posts that you've cruised several lines and most were with NCL. The 3/5 Magica Eastern was my first cruise (loved it!). I had previously considered NCL (and the other mass market lines), well I just picked Costa because of the price. Any suggestions or comments as to why you're on NCL again?

No, I just learned that from reading these boards. I know I'll recognize you if we're on the same cruise. You'll be the guy in the pool with a Packers tattoo over your heart, drinkin' an MGD! Seriously though, I see from your posts that you've cruised several lines and most were with NCL. The 3/5 Magica Eastern was my first cruise (loved it!). I had previously considered NCL (and the other mass market lines), well I just picked Costa because of the price. Any suggestions or comments as to why you're on NCL again?

All of the cruises except Alaska have been Packer Player cruises. We go where they go! TA likes new ships but I think we might be with NCL for awhile. They were just starting Freestyle the last time we sailed with them and I think that's a selling point for them. Everyone has different viewpoints but we did not like Carnival Glory much and wouldn't have cruised it again even with Packer players on it. You are going to need more of a description than that with all of us old MGD drinkers on board.:cool:

We really liked the Magica too. It is a terrific ship! Except fpr the Norway, I think the service was the best on this ship of any cruise. Now that you have had your first taste of cruising I hope you get to do it again real soon!

Jeff you were on the SS Norway? the worlds longest?

my parents were on her in the 80's. when passing thru brumuda a crew member did a suicide jump off the boat.

She's laid up now in germany i think, damaged bad while in port at miami i read.

Hi Gabrielle,

I am new to Costa too. We just booked the 12/23 Western on the Mediterranea. Couldn't beat the price for a holiday cruise. We've done the Eastern route a couple of times on HAL & RCCL - plus we needed to book an inside cabin for our kids and they were sold out already on the Magica for that week. Did you decide on the Eastern?

Sophie

Sophie, I haven't decided yet! (I should say we, but my husband just lets me pick about 99.9% of the time!) I am torn between Magica and Mediterranea. We have done the Western Caribbean the past 4 years, so am leaning more towards the Eastern cruise. So we just have to make a few decisons. Good to know that the insides are sold out- that may help us make a decision! Gabrielle

• 2 years later...

I've read this and other posts and there are lots of comments about this being a different experience. Other than announcements in several languages, I'm wondering what might make this cruise line different. I am interested in their Norway cruise on the Atlantica.

I've cruised on Oceania, Orient and Celebrity. Enjoyed them all. Can anyone comment on how Costa Line might be different. Thanks.

Archived