Just Booked SPIRIT on 5/7...please help!

Just booked this sail, and now I have to figure out all of the "other stuff", such as getting there, which airport to fly into, whether to stay pre- or post- in a hotel (and whether to book this myself or thru NCL) --- are there MAJOR BENEFITS to booking a HOTEL thru NCL pre-cruise? Do you get to have your baggage sent ahead, use a separate embarkation area, get free transfers, etc? We will have 3 kids in tow (2 families), so anything that would help ease the stress is welcome! Any recommendations on WHICH HOTEL would be best?

Just booked this sail, and now I have to figure out all of the "other stuff", such as getting there, which airport to fly into, whether to stay pre- or post- in a hotel (and whether to book this myself or thru NCL) --- are there MAJOR BENEFITS to booking a HOTEL thru NCL pre-cruise? Do you get to have your baggage sent ahead, use a separate embarkation area, get free transfers, etc? We will have 3 kids in tow (2 families), so anything that would help ease the stress is welcome! Any recommendations on WHICH HOTEL would be best?

My suggestion would be to fly into LGA (I'm assuming this ship is leaving from the Port of NYC??), cab it to a Midtown Hotel to spend the night, then grab a cab to the port the next day.

The taxi stand will be located right outside baggage claim.

Get two hotel rooms. NYC are notoriously small unless the children are very young (under 12 years old).

You will not find any free transfers around the NYC area.

Archived