Aft Cabins

GBRBEB

I recently switched to an AFT baclony cabin on the 8/27/06 sailing of Freedon of the Seas...not sure if I did the rught thing...its right next ot the junior suites on deck 8 are there. Been on many cruises but have never stayed in an aft cabin. Other than the slightly larger balconies are there any other pros/cons to getting an aft cabin ?

Thanks...

Well, me and the DW love the aft corner cabins. The balconey is a lot larger, not "slightly larger". Have not been on Freedom, but from the deck plan it appears to be same as Voyager Class in that respect.

Below is a link to the deck plans for the 8th floor.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=FR&shipProfile=1161&sailDate=1060604&hasNavigation=false

Thanks Lon w....what cabin size is an E1 an E1 regardless of the position on the ship...The E1 balcony appears to be slightly bigger...are they quiet i.e. engine noise and the such ?

The cabin size will be the same as an E1 on the side of the ship, but the balcony will be much larger. For example, my E1 aft balcony on Voyager we had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs, and a small table. The side balconies could only fit two regular chairs and a small table.

There is a little vibration from the engine, but it just rocked us to sleep more than anything. In fact, the rooms are quieter than most because you are at the end of a hallway and people aren't walking past your room as often.

Just curious if all things are equal except that the AFT balcony is larger why wouldn't the cruise charge a premium for the AFT cabins because of the larger balcony and better view ? Other than the long walks to the elevators and such (which I do no look at as a negative) there must be other "cons" that cause the cruise line to not charge a premium for the larger balcony...

But since we have decided to keep the cabin I guess we will find out soon enough..

Archived