beaches advice

KJRottie

HI everyone,

Need some advice, we are traveling at the end of April, myself, DH and DS (10mnths). Going out of san juan, going to St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, and Aruba. Was trying to save some $$, and we are just doing Beaches and shopping on our own. So what's the best means of transportaion and the best beaches. We are looking for calm waters for DS, some snorkeling fro m shore, bathrooms, etc. any info. would be appreciated. KJRottie:D

What's it cost to rent a car?? $80. is a little more than I wanted to spend to get to a beach. I was lucky to talk my hubby into a cruise, trying to keep the cost down on the ports.:rolleyes: Thanks for any info. How's Palm Beach? Is there lots of places pn PB to play volley ball? or just certain spots? Thanks everyone for any info. KJRottie:D

Aruba has their taxi and van sevices regulated, so it is very cheap to get to Baby Beach from the pier, the city bus also runs to all the beaches and is very cheap.

Dominica really has no nice big sandy beaches, most are very rocky. the only shopping that they have is right outside the pier and everyone sells the same thing.

Barbados, the boatyard is near the pier, but they charge to get in, they do have some snorkeling. the taxi prices are high, we walked and it took us about 25 min.

St Thomas, there are lots of nice beaches close to the dock, just ask the crew on the ship, they can tell you the best place to go.

If you have some time in San Juan, there are lots of great litle shops in Old Town.

have fun.

Archived