Foward cabins on low decks and Seasickness?

We are looking into a cheap SOS cruise, but the only cabins in our affordability are all the way forward on deck 2 or 3...and I mean ALL the way forward. I have only sailed midship before and am curious as to how much motion you feel this far forward. My husband never gets seasick, but I have before on bumpy tenders or sailboats. Never on a cruiseship though.

Any experience with forward cabins? Should we just go for it?

I get really seasick and I've been on Sovereign twice. The first time we stayed on deck 2 and it seemed like we were forward. I didn't notice any movement at all. And I was really worried on the cruise since it was my first experience on board a ship.

I think you'll be fine. I've never made the side by side comparison, but I am guessing that Sovereign is much bigger than the Magic, we felt alot less movement on SOS than on the Magic.

Hi Oliver...We were in cabin 3024..deck 3..on the Legend to the Med. last year and we loved it. I believe you have just been on the Legend..so you can check and see that.. 3024 ...is fairly far forward. Although we went through very heavy winds for several days..(the outside decks were closed at least twice).... Very.rough seas and a force 9 gale on another day... (that really rocked the ship)....the movement in our cabin was very minimal. Only the waves crashing against our window, made us aware of how rough it was. It was the passengers in the upper deck cabins that felt all the movement and were suffering. I know people always say to avoid being forward......but we noticed nothing different. The lower you are, the more stable in the water. that certainly was proven on our very rough sea day.

You say you are wayyyyy forward....I don't know if a few more cabins forward makes a difference.... but, if it were me, I would definitely go for it...I think you will be fine. The Chances are you will have calm seas. If not..... you can come back and Flame Us All for telling you to go ahead! Just joking!! Have a great time..Regards, Carol

Hey guys thank you for the advice! I think we just are gonna go for it. I have my ginger if I get nausea. It would be real silly to pass it up at the offered rate I think. And, if we dont like forward, we know to never do it again ! :)

Carol, again, your advice and comments on Legend before I sailed thoroughly helped me in my cruise. Your tips came in so handy. Thank you Thank you again!!!!!!

Hey guys thank you for the advice! I think we just are gonna go for it. I have my ginger if I get nausea. It would be real silly to pass it up at the offered rate I think. And, if we dont like forward, we know to never do it again ! :)

Carol, again, your advice and comments on Legend before I sailed thoroughly helped me in my cruise. Your tips came in so handy. Thank you Thank you again!!!!!!

Thanks Oliver for the kind response...I am so glad that you enjoyed your cruise on Legend...and have really enjoyed reading your reviews. It is great to see that there is a lot of renewed support for the Legend...she is such a lovely ship. Detailed Reviews like yours are invaluable. Often people just say "I had a good time...nice ship..great cruise." I am glad you found mine useful as well. Hope you have a great time on your SOS cruise... look forward to hearing all the details when you return. Regards, Carol

Archived