cingular roaming

biilf

Please don't tell me you are upset with Spirit becasue you weren't aware of the parameters of your service with your cell provider? Four bars means that you have a strong signal, not that you are within your home calling area. I don't suspect that being miles into the ocean I'd be in my home service area. Its up to you to know where your calling network begins and ends, not NCL responsibility.

im upset with cingular ,I can see fla.they charge me roaming because there a cell tower on the ship thers nothing on your phone now ,like there use to be to tell u you are roaming when i can see miami,dont use your cell phone on the ship FYI.

do not use your cell phone on the spirit ,i had 4 bars nothing saying i was roaming ,got home 150$ roaming charges:mad:

Be thankful you did not have TMobile it would have been twice that amount. All the rates for service at sea are on the Cingular site. 1.69 - 2.49 per minute depending on plan. All ships with service are listed. A real bargin compared to the $8 per min. for the phone in your cabin.

Many of the other carriers charge more the ntwo times that if you connect at sea. If there ever was a place you were sure you were roaming in is the middle of the ocean.

You need to call Cingular before you leave the counrty and tell them to turn on international calling. Your international calls will then be $2.00 a minute. If you subscribe to the international service plan for $6 something a month, then your international calls will be $1.00 a minute. You can subscribe before you leave and unsubscribe when you get home.

The one that makes me mad is when you do call them and they say there wont be any extra fees and then when you get home there was an extra fee for the use in roam. Glad I wrote the persons name down and he had noted he talked to me and what he said, they took the charge off my bill because he told me the wrong info to start with.

ANY cell phone you have that does not have a calling plan saying that you can leave the USA and call home from over seas will have a roam fee and extra connection fees along with it when used on a cruise.

I just make sure to always call my cell phone provider and ask before I use when I am not sure.

After doing some research on Cingular's web site, I called to add Cingular World Connect (3.99 per month) which lowers the LD greatly although there would still be roaming charges. Found out that as a past ATT customer and since I got my phone when it was ATT, cannot add this. Cingular can do nothing, cannot add their extra services even though I have a Cingular plan.

So just info for anyone else who may be xATT w/Cingular since the buyout.

I called Cingular yesterday and they added international calling for $3.99, I will just pay the per minute charge. The man that I spoke with said that with the int'l calling plan you get a reduced per minute rate in each country and no roaming fee and that I can cancel it when I get home.

He told me that it would not show up on my phone as roaming.

I would assume that if I was in a foriegn country or foreign waters that I would be roaming.

Archived