Hello New York Cruisers

SAILERIE

I need your help! Could you tell me which airport is closest to the carnival Port and how much it would cost to take a cab to the ship from the airport? Or is it better to buy the airport transfer.

Thank you

Dennis

Any of the three major airports would work, but I would recommend JFK or Laguardia. Both should be about a $40-50 cab ride to the pier.

Carnival Victory, here I come!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Actually, don't laugh, Newark, more than likely will be your best bet. It's almost always cheaper to fly into Newark and the cab fare and time spent will be no worse than flying into JFK or LGA.

Vinnie from NY

Grand Princess - December, 2001

Carnival Destiny - February, 2002

Crystal Harmony - July, 2002

Carnival Triumph - September, 2002

Dawn Princess - December, 2002

Grand Princess - March, 2003

Celebrity Zenith - July, 2003

Crystal Symphony - December, 2003

Celebrity Constellation - February, 2004

Celebrity Zenith - July, 2004

And always open for suggestions and recommendations!!

Taxi Info

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What are the fares concerning trips to and from Newark, JFK, and LaGuardia International airports?

Newark International Airport
- The set fare from New York City to Newark International Airport is the regular metered rate of fare, plus a $15.00 surcharge, plus all tolls going to and returning from the airport.

John F. Kennedy International Airport
- The TLC has established a "Flat Fare" program for trips from JFK to Manhattan. The flat fare is $45.00 plus any tolls. The reverse is not true, however, as there is no set fare to JFK from any point in New York City. The metered rate applies.

LaGuardia International Airport
- There is no set fare for trips to and from LaGuardia International Airport. The regular metered rate of fare, as is displayed below, applies in all cases.

Metered Rate of Fare
$2.50 upon entry
$.40 for each additional unit
$.40 per minute of waiting time
$.50 night surcharge after 8:00PM and prior to 6:00AM
$1.00 rush hour surcharge
The unit of fare is:
One-fifth of a mile, when the taxicab is traveling at 6 miles per hour or more; or 120 seconds (at a rate of twenty cents per minute), when the taxicab is not in motion or is traveling at less than 6 miles per hour.

The taximeter shall combine fractional measures of distance and time to accrue a unit of fare. Any combination of distance or time shall be computed by the taximeter in accordance with the National Bureau of Standards. The fare shall include pre-assessment of the unit currently being accrued; the amount due may therefore include a full unit charge for a final, fractional unit.

Different variables such as heavy traffic and tolls should be taken into account in gauging the final cost of your trip
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[url="http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/passenger/faq_pass.shtml#15"]http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/passenger/faq_pass.shtml#15[/url]

Carival Legend Oct-2003

Carnival Valor 4/17/2005
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

As a native New Yorker, I can tell you that your best bets will be either Newark or LaGuardia. The price of the cab should be about the same. In midday traffic should not be too bad. I would think the easier trip would be from Newark since the cab could take the NJ Tpk extention to the Holland Tunnel and once out of the tunnel take the West Side Highway 40 - 45 Blocks straight up to the pier on 52nd St. The beauty of this route is the cab does not have to go across and navigate midtown Manhattan. From LGA the Cab will take the Grand Central to the Triboro Bridge into Manhattan. Then the cab has to go down the east side on the FDR Drive to 59th Street or any cross street and go all the way across to the West Side Highway (14 blocks) in what is normally bumper to bumper traffic. Once on the West Side highway you are only 5 blocks from the pier. I hope I was able to help you and did not confuse you too much.

Bergensfjord -6/65
Oslofjord - 7/65
Volendam - 9/81 (Honeymoon)
Atlantic - 9/86
Jubilee - 5/89
Atlantic - 1/91
Esctasy - 2/97
Triumph (Maiden Voyage) - 7/99
Zenith - 4/00
Zenith - 12/01
Carnival Legend - 10/04
Caribbean Princess - 1/05