Magica cabin locations

ohyou812

My mom and I just booked our cruise on the Magica for the transatlantic trip in November 06! This being my first cruise, I am already unbelievably excited. Even trying to learn a little Italian. Our TA said we have an aft veranda cabin on deck 7. Any thoughts on this location? Or suggestions! Also, we will be at sea for approx. 6 days. What kinds of activities do they have to keep you busy. We actually plan to bring a sewing machine with us and create a quilt together. The quilt pattern is called Ocean Waves. Is that perfect, or what?! I want to create some wonderful memories:)

We just had our first AFT balcony cabin on the Magica. We LOVED it!!! The sound of the wake and the view were beautiful. I spent a lot of time on the balcony and saw the moon rise almost every night. It was awesome. I will always try for the aft balconies in the future.

We were in a suite # 7272 - great location, midship. I hope that your sewing maching is not electrical...that would be a fire hazard to plug in. They may not let you do that. They don't want you even bringing irons onboard. Look at what happened on the Star Princess last week.

Besides they have SO MANY activities day and night, plenty to do.

I hope that your sewing maching is not electrical...that would be a fire hazard to plug in. They may not let you do that. They don't want you even bringing irons onboard. Look at what happened on the Star Princess last week.

How would a sewing maching be a fire hazard? It plugs in just like my camera charger, cell phone charger or electric razor. And it does not produce the heat like an iron would (or curling iron for that matter).

I'm not sure a sewing machine is a good idea. It is highly suggested you don't even bring a hair dryer. There is one in everyone room anyways.

ALSO - there is only one (1) american plug in the room.

The rest are european plugs and you need a converter. One european plug in the room and only one in the bathroom.

Not a good idea

How would a sewing maching be a fire hazard? It plugs in just like my camera charger, cell phone charger or electric razor. And it does not produce the heat like an iron would (or curling iron for that matter).

I don't understand either how a sewing machine could be a fire hazard. Can I use an extension cord that will give me a few more plug ins? What about curling/flat irons? Can we use them? My mom is in her late 60s so I am afraid a lot of the activities offered won't be to her liking. For us to sew together under these circumstances would be like a dream come true. What if I have the travel agent check on the sewing machine? And by the way, how did the fire start on the Star Princess last week? Do they know yet? Thanks for all the help :)

ohyou812- Tip: Bring a power strip/surge protector, that will allow you to plug multiple things into one outlet.

curling/flat irons are allowed.

as a matter of fact i beleive a lot of the activities onboard are planned for the 50+ crowd. I'm sure she will like them.

I doubt you will have any problems bringing a sewing machine onboard, but it would not hurt to check with the TA.

They DO NOT KNOW how the fire started on the princess yet, there is a lot of speculation about a ciggarette, but we must wait till princess says so.

ohyou812- Tip: Bring a power strip/surge protector, that will allow you to plug multiple things into one outlet.

curling/flat irons are allowed.

as a matter of fact i beleive a lot of the activities onboard are planned for the 50+ crowd. I'm sure she will like them.

I doubt you will have any problems bringing a sewing machine onboard, but it would not hurt to check with the TA.

They DO NOT KNOW how the fire started on the princess yet, there is a lot of speculation about a ciggarette, but we must wait till princess says so.

Thanks so much cool cruizer! I appreciate your help. I am guessing that the majority of travelers will be in that age group. Considering the time of year and duration, I doubt many school age children will be on board. I will check with our TA. Ciao!

Thanks so much cool cruizer! I appreciate your help. I am guessing that the majority of travelers will be in that age group. Considering the time of year and duration, I doubt many school age children will be on board. I will check with our TA. Ciao!

Hi 0U812 (I loved Van Halen, too), I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but JimmyJoe's advice conflicts with Costa's safety regulations. Costa clearly posts information on safe passage and I specifically recall that they request that cruise guests refrain from using extension cords/multi-plug adapters. Their reasoning is that this is a safety hazard as the electrical circuit can be overloaded resulting in a fire. I'm not saying that your use of a sewing machine is a fire hazard, but I would expect that Costa knows the capability of their electrical system better than we do. The ship was built in Italy and there is only 1 electrical outlet in the cabins that accepts standard American plugs. While I admire your plan to undertake this quiltmaking during your TA cruise, I question the insanity of hauling a sewing machine and the material across the pond, in addition to your luggage/carryons for a Tran-Atlantic crossing.

Archived