Sea Days

RanDe

I've read several posts where people have commented that the sea days going to the Mexican Riviera and going back are cool and windy. Is this pretty much the norm? I love my sea days, but I also enjoy being out by the pool and enjoying the pool game activities. Do they still have these on the Mexican Riviera cruises? We are going next February and would love to know what to expect. Are there more inside activities to allow for the colder weather? Is it ever warm on these sea days? Thanks so much for any help!

De:)

Yes, this is pretty much the norm... If the Vision is on the same route that the Legend did in 2004, then you have Cabo 1st, right? So, your coldest days will be the last two back from PV. If you are doing the reverse, like Carnival Pride, then your 1st two days will be the coldest. They still try to keep everyone active inside & out. RCCL is good about that. I did fine and I am a wimp when it comes to cold. Why am I going to Alaska? - I ask myself that each day. hee hee

You should be fine with pants and a light jacket or sweatshirt on those days.... we were. The sun is usually still out, so you may be able to lay out and not feel the effects of the wind near the pool... or go to the covered pool in the back. Of course, the weather is unpredictable, so anything could happen... we sailed in June and this was our experience and not much different from other's that I have read about. No matter what, just enjoy your cruise... it is so fun we are repeating it on Carnival for New Year's!

We just got back from Mexico a week ago and yes, it was cool on our sea days, even in March. There were some brave souls out at the pool, but there were many people at the enclosed indoor pool. So if your ship has an indoor pool, you should be fine. There are a lot of indoor activities to keep you busy such as bingo games, spas, trivia games, cooking shows, computer demonstrations, art auctions, etc. We never had enough time to relax on sea days as there is so much to do onboard the ship. Enjoy your cruise next February, wish we were going with you.

Ray and Barbara

Thanks for your replies. We'll be on the VOS and will go to Cabo first. We've previously sailed out of New Orleans and Galveston and experienced very cool days on sea days, so at least we are used to that. But this time I will at least pack some warmer clothes as I didn't on the first two. As long as I'm on a cruise, I'm happy. Thanks again!

De

Archived