Short tour at pier and/or just go to beach on own>?

sharecruises

Hi there...I am going to cayman islands in may...

I was thinking about the 'short" stingray tour, the one combined with the island tour...thru nativeway..

but to be honest this just does NOT interest me..

no matter how much people on this board say it is wonderful, I dont want fish swimming or touching me, I also dont want to look at turtles that will be eaten LOL>> I am ...squeamish

I am also going on a boat, sundancer yacht , to the falls in jamaica so that is enough on the water for me

I do not wish to stay on the ship tho...I have never been to cayman island and I like to shop and beaches etc..

I am wondering....would it be a good idea to take a tour bus at the dock, are they cheaper? I am looking for maybe a short tour, "hell", turtles (where I would not go in, I would just go to the cake factory or gift shop)

and then would the tour drop me off at the 7 mile beach?

OR I would just go to the beach on a taxi or a bus?

I have read here that the comfort suites is nice to sit at , if you order drink/meal etc..that looks good

also ? have heard that treasure island/billy bones will let you sit there if you order

these sound good...I guess Hyatt is a possibility but I think I would rather play it by ear, just go and have a drink /something to eat, chill at beach, then shop and go back to ship

I realize that people say the stingrays are great but i am just not into it <grin> I am more of a "girly girl"...I have only myself to please and that is what I intend to do..

please give me some ideas on 1) tour bus at tender/dock...and./or 2) beach to go to, how to get there.....good shopping there? or a shopping mall ?

I dont think I want seagrape....seems to be more crowded

I am not sure where carnival takes their beach party ...does anyone know?

thanks in advance....

Cheri

Imagination May 8-13 Grand Cayman/Ochos Rios

We got a taxi at the pier when we got off and asked him to take us to Hell and to the beach. He took us to Hell, waited and then dropped us at Courtyard beach. It is next to SeaGrape. It was a great day and not crowded. There is plenty of room to spread out. You could ask them for a beach that is a bit less known. For us it was $10 per person to go to Hell and the beach. Good luck.

In my opinion, Hell really isn't anything that great...we did a ship sponsored tour which included Hell and the Turtle Farm. I think that taking a taxi to the beach would be your best bet. You are missing out on a fabulous experience not snorkeling with fish! They will not touch you...they are pretty much afraid of you. The stingrays are another issue. In GC, the underwater is as beautiful as it is on land!

Archived