"Cruise Ship Capsizes"

Starbright

I see AOL is this morning running a headline "Cruise Ship Capsizes - 57 dead".

This incident did not involve a cruise ship. It was an Arab dhow which capsized in Bahrein. Still a very tragic event, but certainly not what we would call a cruise ship. I think they run headlines like that just to be sensational.

I see AOL is this morning running a headline "Cruise Ship Capsizes - 57 dead".

This incident did not involve a cruise ship. It was an Arab dhow which capsized in Bahrein. Still a very tragic event, but certainly not what we would call a cruise ship. I think they run headlines like that just to be sensational.

I agree. I'm up very early this a.m. Doing dishes and listenting to news show - headlines say cruise ship capsizes. I stop washing dishes and pay complete attention to the story.

Sad though it may be, this story is being used to sensationalize and get our attention.

mel:(

Here's what I posted in the other thread:

It was a dinner ship, the small kind that take you up and down the channel to eat dinner and be entertained. You gotta love how the media loves to throw around those immortal words "Cruise Ship". Next thing you know they'll be reporting that some cruise ship captain has a hang nail just so they can work "Cruise Ship" into the news feed to pump up the ratings.

Now before everyone runs off at the keyboard, I am NOT making light of the really important issues like the Princess fire or losing someone over the side. Nor am I saying the loss of a small boat and 50 souls on board is anything but tragic. I am just sayng that the news media seems to be fixed on the words "Cruise Ship" and seems to be playing on peoples emotions just to boost ratings.

Archived