If there was no Carnival, what line would you choose?

MamaParrotHead

I have been on costa and NCL. It would be costa over NCL. I would like to try RCC, but im working on getting to Platinum first on carnival. When I was on Costa the food was great, but that was a long time ago I can't speak for today.

I've also been on Royal Caribbean and Princess. I didn't like the Caribbean Princess very dis-organized, not enough variety of things to do and I don't like the any time dining. You don't get the personalized care you do when you get the same wait staff for all the dinners and I didn't like waiting in line for 20-30 minutes waiting for a table, food was good though. We absolutely loved the Majesty of the Seas (RCI)!!!! Had great service, great food, and lots of fun! We liked it so much we went on it again a couple years later. The staterooms are small, but other than that we loved it!! I'm going on my first Carnival cruise in 2 weeks! I've heard nothing but positive feedback on the Miracle. I'm getting very exicited!!

We haven't sailed on Carnival YET, but as of now we are partial to RCCL over Princess and will be booking them for Alaska. They just seem to fit our personality... of course, everything I have read about Carnival and the Pride seem like they might end up being a very nice fit as well!! Isn't it nice to have choices?

Definitely Royal Caribbean. It's the only one I've been on yet, and I absolutely loved everything about it. The cabins may be smaller than on other cruiselines, but since I had nothing to compare it to, it seemed fine to me. (I've had a balcony room every time.) I need my balcony, but other than that, I don't care much about the size of the room. That's not where I plan on spending most of my time anyway!

I honestly don't know. We have enjoyed our Carnival cruises so much, that we have never seen any need to shop around. It's not so much that we wouldn't be open to cruising other lines, but more of a "not broke, don't fix it" mentality.

I would deffently not pick NCL, I do not want to go on a cruise for free stlye cruising.

I'd LOVE freestyle (at least I think I would, I haven't actually tried it yet).

Non-eating-with-strangers person here.

And why? I'm just curious. :) Looking to see how the other Carnival fans weigh in on their priorities on choosing a line...is it service? Itineraries? Price? Ships? Other passengers (ages, social class, family-oriented, etc.)?

I would probably and I hope I dont get FLAMED ON:confused: select RCCL because they are 2nd best.

RCCL age group is about the same as Carnival, the prices are also great, food and service is Par.

Fred

What a cool question. I love hearing good things about the other cruise lines! I really looked into Carnival, Royal, and Princess. I honestly don't know much about the other lines.

If it wasn't Carnival for us it would have been Royal. I think the "extra's" on the ship like the minigolf and the iceskating rink are things me and my family would enjoy. Especially my little one!

At this point I want the atmosphere of the Carnival/Royal Caribbean type cruise lines. Who knows, maybe after I finally go I will decide differently. But I am a Vegas loving girl - so anything with neon lights and showgirls is good in my book!!!

I would probably and I hope I dont get FLAMED ON:confused: select RCCL because they are 2nd best.

:D

Fred, I hope you have your asbestos Fruit of the Looms on.

RCCL age group is about the same as Carnival, the prices are also great, food and service is Par.

Fred

I understand what you're saying, but I'm still a bit leery when it comes to RCCL. We cruise to relax, unwind, and have some fun. The atmosphere on Carnival has always bean very conducive to that. I could be totally off base, but RCCL just seems a bit uppity. Perfect example:

Valor 2/26/06 Sail-a-way

Overcast and cold, but the band was playing, the drinks were flowing, there was a lot of laughing and talking, and the Lido Deck was full. As we passed by one of the RCCL ships, there was probably somewhere between 150-200 people on deck watching us pass. Most of the Carnival PAX on the Starboard side were waving to them and yelling things like "have a great trip/cruise". I counted something like three or four people who bothered to wave back. The rest just stood there and watched. I overheard one guy, not to far from us, say, "Those people REALY need a cruise". Everyone around him busted up.

I don't know if I could enjoy myself as well in a "stuffier" atmosphere. If this causes someone to take offence, and If my perception of RCCL is inaccurate, please refrain from flaming, but instead point out where I am off and back it up with examples. As I stated earlier, we are not closed to other possibilities, at this time we are simply happy to stick with Carnival.

I'd LOVE freestyle (at least I think I would, I haven't actually tried it yet).

Non-eating-with-strangers person here.

I shy away from NCL because of the freestyle dining. I really like getting a chance to meet others on my cruises. I can eat alone with DH (or whomever I'm cruising with) anytime, but I look forward to the experience of getting to know other people.

Most of the Carnival PAX on the Starboard side were waving to them and yelling things like "have a great trip/cruise". I counted something like three or four people who bothered to wave back.

I am so shocked :eek: that they are acting like Celerbity :confused:

I guess I will be sailing on another Carnival Owned cruise line like Cunard or Costa.

Fred

Archived