Sinking

james j feller

There was a cruise boat ,they called it that sunk off BRAHAIN last night ,does anyone know which boat this was?

I believe it was a ferry of some type ... not a regular cruise ship.

Blue skies ...

--rita

It was a dinner ship, the small kind that take you up and down the channel to eat dinner and be entertained. You gotta love how the media loves to throw around those immortal words "Cruise Ship". Next thing you know they'll be reporting that some cruise ship captain has a hang nail just so they can work "Cruise Ship" into the news feed to pump up the ratings.

Now before everyone runs off at the keyboard, I am NOT making light of the really important issues like the Princess fire or losing someone over the side. Nor am I saying the loss of a small boat and 50 souls on board is anything but tragic. I am just sayng that the news media seems to be fixed on the words "Cruise Ship" and seems to be playing on peoples emotions just to boost ratings.

The boat was hired by a firm to celebrate the end of of contract for their employees. 57 people died, 15 of them UK citizens, its stated on UK tv that over crowding may have caused the disaster. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their loved ones.

CHIEF,

In the news i read they did say cruise boat not cruise ship.

JIM

Seems most got it right Jim, but this very morning, while waiting for my DW at the hospital for tests, GMA (never did like ABC) kept scrolling "Cruise Ship" across the bottom of the screen. Just goes to show you that ratings sometimes mean more to others than truthful reporting. CNN didn't seem to have a problem getting it right, nor did CBS from what I can tell. Still, a tragity all around. Our prayers to the families.

Archived