Silly question...type of outlet on Zuiderdam

cold in MN

I've searched the forums, but can't seem to find the exact answer, so thought I'd post cause I know how helpful everyone is here.

Want to bring along an extra outlet, but don't know what type to bring. We will be staying in a verandah cabin on the Zuiderdam. Do the outlets in the cabin have 2-prong or 3-prong?

I know it seems like a silly question, but if I don't ask, I'll bring the 3-prong and there will only be 2-prong outlets (it's happened to me before! You women know how tought it is to have to do your hair with only 1 hair appliance at at time! LOL!)

Thanks in advance for your help.

I can't tell you how many prongs there were, but on the Westerdam there were two outlets on the desk with a lighted mirror. Worked fine for me, and I had both my hair dryer and curling iron on at the same time. We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam ourselves in December.

The outlets on all the ships are 3 prong. I use a standard outlet strip which has a 3 prong plug so that I have extra outlets for my various TOYS!!!! That is camera battery charger, gps charger, laptop charger and so on!!!!

Just a note -- Last October on the Zuiderdam I noticed another outlet behind the tv, kinda high but it had one socket open. Could be used for anything with a "brick" or long power cord.

Rich

Archived