Ultimate Balcony Breakfast

littlemuffin

I'd like to read the specifics also.

I know its 25.00 per couple..and we dont get to pick the day.

How about the time?

The breakfast is delivered only--not served (like the dinner)

and is there a menu to chose from or is it all the same thing for ALL breakfast.

If you do a search you will find alot of info... You can certainly pick the day... and time. I pre-ordered ours over the phone before we even cruised. Decided it would be a good Christmas morning breakfast.

Off the top of my head, I remember champagne (ours was Moet), crab, crab quiche, brioche with cream cheese & lox, pastries that were to die for, fresh fruit, bacon. Well worth the $25... there were 3 of us and there was plenty - especially the yummy patries!

They deliver it like room service on trays... just tip the steward when he arrives. You set it up on your own balcony. It also comes with coffee and juice if you would like.

Here is a picture of ours:

1416905151_124-ChristmasMorningBalconyBreakfast.JPG.d87468e813a4ef0edd7fbecd41f59f46.JPG

We've ordered this a couple times. We did, in fact, get to specify a time for delivery. The breakfast is not "served" per se like the balcony dinner, but quite frankly, after they place the dishes and champagne on the table (I think we had a tablecloth too), I didn't really want anyone standing around watching me eat - especially because I'm usually in my robe.

Breakfast consisted of a quiche dish, lots of assorted pastries, fruits (including wonderful raspberries & blueberries that you don't normally see at the breakfast buffet), salmon, cream cheese, juice, coffee and, of course, the half bottle of champage (White Star or Veuve Clicquot). It was enough food for at least 3 people. We like ordering ours on a port day as there is usually significantly less wind than on a sea day.

If you do a search you will find alot of info... You can certainly pick the day... and time. I pre-ordered ours over the phone before we even cruised.

thats what I get for calling Princess and asking. Was told its only on certain days. Sounds nice for a sea day. thanks for sharing your photo.

So they serve it on the balcony and dont just drop it off in the cabin?

Well certain ships may only do it on certain days... and they may have been confused with the Ulitimate Balcony Dinner. THAT is only on certain days on certain ships. This one is actually the Champagne Balcony Breakfast.

They do not set it up for you.... they just deliver it to your room. You could ask them to put it out on your balcony, but you will probably need to unload the trays... we didn't ask... they were a little early and I didn't have the table wiped down from the salt yet.

they may have been confused with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. THAT is only on certain days on certain ships. This one is actually the Champagne Balcony Breakfast.

Okay, now when I contacted Princess about reserving the "Ultimate Balcony Dinner" I was told...

A) I couldn't book this ahead of time.

B) Once on-board, I can reserve the UBD for ANY evening and time I wanted...

Now, the UBB (Ultimate Balcony Breakfast) could be...

A) reserved ahead of time.

B) Only available on SEA days...

CCFan

I'm just of the Grand as of ...two weeks ago now. Boy, it seems so recent. I'd like to go back...

Anyway, the night before Costa Maya, the put an advertisment for the breakfast in our stateroom for the next day. We were supposed to get into costa maya at 8 AM, so that's not a sea day.

Best suggestion. Talk to your TA, they can probably help you out.

Okay, now when I contacted Princess about reserving the "Ultimate Balcony Dinner" I was told...

A) I couldn't book this ahead of time.

B) Once on-board, I can reserve the UBD for ANY evening and time I wanted...

Now, the UBB (Ultimate Balcony Breakfast) could be...

A) reserved ahead of time.

B) Only available on SEA days...

CCFan

Again, this might vary from ship to ship.... sounds like different stories from Princess Customer Service. I booked the UBB ahead of time, but was more than prepared to double check when we embarked. But there was a card delivered to our cabin to confirm it. When I called the day before to confirm the time, it was correct.

In the reading that I have done about UBB is that you can order ahead of time (I did) and should be available any morning - maybe I just got lucky because they had planned to make it available on Christmas morning anyway. UBD cannot be ordered before boarding and was only available on certain nights. But again, I think it varies from ship to ship. I could be wrong, but I don't even think the UBD was offered on the Island Princess during our holiday cruise.

Archived