Crown - Guarantee ?? and Cabin L101?

Paulras

I'm booked on the Sept. 12 Crown Princess cruise out of NYC. We booked at category E Guarantee (outside cabin). Amazingly, we've already been assigned a cabin number 5 1/2 months in advance - Lido Deck L101. It's an interesting cabin...forward bow, looks like it's pretty secluded and looks a bit larger than other outside cabins.

My question is would there be a possibility that this is not the final cabin assignment? Can it still change as we get closer to sailing?

Also, does anyone have any recent experiences in L101 (or L102, L103, L104) on the Caribbean Princess which is the Crown's sister ship? I've read a few posts on CC about these forward cabins. A couple posters said that they heard thumping from the treadmills above at the gym but several said they didn't hear any thumping and very much enjoyed the cabin. Wanted to see if there were any other experiences recently?

I have booked a b2b cruise this fall on the crown and

we are in cabin L104. I have been asking the same

question. I have read alot of conflicting comments.

Some say it's a great location and others say it's noisy

and there can be alot of movement.

CAN ANYONE HELP US?

We will have a great time no mater what!:)

• 2 weeks later...
I have booked a b2b cruise this fall on the crown and

we are in cabin L104. I have been asking the same

question. I have read alot of conflicting comments.

Some say it's a great location and others say it's noisy

and there can be alot of movement.

CAN ANYONE HELP US?

We will have a great time no mater what!:)

Have you found anything else out about these cabins?

I wish I could find the thread regarding these rooms. I remember reading it several months ago. I cant get the search to work worth a darn. :confused:

If my memory serves, some people said they would never book these cabins again as the noise from the gym directly above these cabins drove them nuts. Treadmills, aerobics etc.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but this is what I remember reading.

Perhaps other Princess cruisers who have been in these cabins will post.

Linda

Any thoughts on cabin P246? (this is on the Plaza deck, and the cheapest 'outside cabin w/o an ubstructed view')

It appears that we're at/near below the server area for the theater (can anyone confirm?), so i'm a bit concerned about hearing clanging drink glasses during the nite as they clean the drink glasses after the show.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

We sailed the CB last year on Lido deck #218, balcony portside (we were upgraded) and absolutely loved it. In fact, we booked the CB for this June and chose a Lido balcony cabin (not a guarantee as we wanted to be assured to get that deck) as it made our trip so restful. The main "plus" was the ability to walk everywhere we chose to go during the day. We hardly had to take elevators except during the evening to go to the restaurants/shows. Lido deck was so convenient to the 2 main pools, (plus the adult-only forward pool where we always went), Muts, Horizon Court, Caribe, a bar, the pizza place and grill, the spa, walking track, easy access to our cabin for drinks,etc. while "sunning", and so on. There are not as many cabins on that deck, so hall traffic was down to a minumun as well as waiting for the elevator. We did not hear any noise from the work-out room at any time. I realize your rooms are at the bow with a partially obstructed view, and hadnt noticed those cabins, tho we went outside on the bow to a lookout area that is there. Unfortunately you booked a guarantee in E, and that is what they assigned you so perhaps you may want to rethink your assignment, and hopefully get an upgrade. If you do remain on Lido I think you will find the convenience enjoyable. But...everyone has different options. Good luck

Thereuare, I was commenting on the previous thread re: Lido deck cabins. I have only stayed on Aloha and Lido decks on Princess, and have no knowledge about Plaza deck. We have never heard noise from above us either time, tho on Aloha we were under the aft adult-only pool and Caribe Cafe and still heard nothing. So, hopefully your Plaza cabin will be fine. Just know you will love Princess for all it has to offer.

Just know you will love Princess for all it has to offer.

Thanks for the encouragement.

We are veteran cruisers but have never sailed on Princess (usually sail on RCCL, but have also been on Celebrity) but the price of the repositioning cruise was hard to pass up.

We now have a baby so will also try to hop on a last minute Norwegian deal sometime this summer out of NYC, as they currently allow children under the age of two to share a cabin at no additional charge (figure we'll take advantage of it while we can!)

Although we have found a few favorite spots, we don't care too much where we go, as we really enjoy being on the ship and the relaxation that cruising promotes.

I just upgraded from the orignal booking. I found an online agent over the weekend who had a great sale on Crown bookings so I called my agent to match their prices.

When I booked it in February, it was about $350 to move up from a category E partial-obstructed oceanview to a category BG obstructed balcony. Didn't seem worth it to me and I wasn't going to pay $500+ to get a decent balcony.

I was able to upgrade today for only $240 total to the highest balcony category BA (cabin C437). Plus they are throwing in a bottle of wine.

That brings it to only about $100 per person per night for the highest balcony category! I'm happy!

I just checked the website of the other agency who had the lower prices the past few days and now the prices went up. I really lucked out - the price went up about $200 between this morning and tonight. I got the lower price match.

We were on the CB this past March and were in cabin L303. We loved this deck! It was so convenient to the pool, buffet, MUTS, the out door grill and pizza! We only heard a few joggers occasionally above us when we were on our balcony....nothing we couldn't tolerate and this was only during the day. We were usually out of our cabin during the day so again...not a problem. I would definitely stay on the Lido deck again!:)

Archived