Pamukkale from Kusadasi

We're sailing on the Oceania Nautica in July, and the first port is Kusadasi - jumping off point for Ephesus. We've been to Ephesus - on a tour from Izmir, and don't want to go back there. What else can we do - besides go to the beach in Kusadasi? Is it feasible to book a tour to Pamukkale thermal springs and back in the time the boat is in port (8-5)? Is there something else special that anybody knows about? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I have been to Pamukkale. We were there for several days at a hotel with the mineral waters. There were also some great ruins nearby called Aphrodesia. I loved the place. We swam in WARM spring waters with roman ruins in the water below us--The pools had been used since then. The "Cotton Cliffs" are truly beautiful-and I haven't seen anything like it since-especially that extensive. I do not know how far it is fromthe port to Pamukkale-but you might check with a tour guide.

Hope this helps!:)

BetzR

We're sailing on the Oceania Nautica in July, and the first port is Kusadasi - jumping off point for Ephesus. We've been to Ephesus - on a tour from Izmir, and don't want to go back there. What else can we do - besides go to the beach in Kusadasi? Is it feasible to book a tour to Pamukkale thermal springs and back in the time the boat is in port (8-5)? Is there something else special that anybody knows about? Any help will be appreciated.

According to several internet sites the distance is about 210 to 220 km and it takes about 2:30 to 3 hours to get there (= 5 to 6 hours driving time). So it's probably not practical unless you want to sit in a car/bus all day and just make a short stop there.

On the other hand it is worth visiting. I've been there several years ago (we took a train from Kusadasi to Pamukkale, from there we continued to Izmir and Istanbul etc.) and loved the place. Just don't forget your sunglasses, the white surface reflects the sun.

• 2 weeks later...

I've booked a tour in Kushadasi with this company (haven't been yet), but they have been very responsive. We are going to some ruins outside of town and then the the town of Sirine. The places they suggested are all on cruiseship tours so they should be decent, and the prices were very reasonable.

Archived