Kids present @ QUEST

RCI has bouncers at the door, they did stop 10 year olds from entering, but come on, you want them to get in an argument with every single teenager that walks up..???

grow up. It's nothing we havn't seen before.

Of course we don't want them to get in an argument with teens. We want them to calmly tell anyone younger than 18 or so that Quest is an adult activity and that they may not enter. Pretty straight-forward. If teens choose to argue, then parents should be called to come and remove the teens from the area.

And really, "grow up"? Sounds to me like you could do a bit of that yourself.

beachchick

Next time try traveling in the middle of February on Empress.

ahhhh ... the logic of a child... more proof as to why children should be seen and not heard.

You (the adult PAYING for a cruise) should adjust you vacation plans because children (who are relying on the PARENTS to pay) are the most important people...

Originally Posted by TrueBlueTory

And isn't that a shame?

Apparently Monarch has a long standing reputation! I remember one man in 2000 pulling a little too hard on his waistband and exposing himself to the group. He had a little problem since his undies were still with his pants on their way to the CD! :eek: I can't remember if there were kids present or not. It was my first cruise so I wasn't sure what Quest was then. I got an eyeful!

The others that I have been too were very tame by comparison. Rhapsody and Majesty were only slightly PG. Brilliance had some female frontals. I'm not sure if that is PG or PG-13 by today's standards. ;)

It's crazy, it's hilarious, it's the wildest Adult Game on the the high seas - it's The Quest. Join in the fun tonight. Doors open at 10:00 pm, Studio B, Deck 3 aft. The fun begins at 10:30pm.

No where does it say that children are not allowed. Some may interpret this message as only adults being allowed to play.

Why do I say this? The night before they had an adult karoke idol search. Children where allowed to watch, but they could not sing. This would then imply that the above could be viewed by children, but that they may not participate.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people insist on having everything spelled out for them before they will believe something, and even then they will quibble about the wording and try to show that the rule doesn't really mean what it seems to say. We see it in the "can I bring my iron on board threads", and threads about the dress codes at dinner in the dining room, and children in the "adult" solarium and hot tubs. Most of us are able to read between the lines and would conclude that an "Adult Game" is probably not be appropriate for youngsters, but those who, apparently need each and every restriction to be spelled out in detail before deciding whether or not it applies to them.

Why should the cruiseline have to police the audience to insure that children aren't present for adult activities? Isn't that the role of parents?:confused:

It never ceases to amaze me how some people insist on having everything spelled out for them before they will believe something, and even then they will quibble about the wording and try to show that the rule doesn't really mean what it seems to say. We see it in the "can I bring my iron on board threads", and threads about the dress codes at dinner in the dining room, and children in the "adult" solarium and hot tubs. Most of us are able to read between the lines and would conclude that an "Adult Game" is probably not be appropriate for youngsters, but those who, apparently need each and every restriction to be spelled out in detail before deciding whether or not it applies to them.

Why should the cruiseline have to police the audience to insure that children aren't present for adult activities? Isn't that the role of parents?:confused:

EXCUSE ME! I don't need things spelled out for me. I knew not to take a young child to quest. However, the night before when I entered the adult karaoke I asked the person at the door if this would be a suitable activity for my 17 yo daughter to see. I was told that she could come in, but not participate.

I was NOT defending my position or justifying anything, just stating why some parents my have been confused.

And by the way, I did not bring an iron on board, share soda cards, allow a child into the solarium pool, or let my child have run of the ship. I don't break the rules.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions about your post. It's just that when I see words like: "nowhere does it say", it sounds like so many posts which claim that unless something is specifically named as being prohibited, it is okay to do it. I now know that wasn't your intent. Nor did I mean to include you among those who do all those other things because they can't find the specific rule or don't believe that the rules apply to them.

There are such folks on these boards however and personal responsibility is not their strong suit. Thanks for clarifying your position and I again am sorry I misinterpreted your comment.

Is it actually written somewhere that Quest on the Voyager class ships is for the whole family? I certainly never saw anything stating that on Mariner. In fact, the Compass specifically said it was for Adults Only. That's neither ambiguous nor "for the whole family." Why should it be G-rated on some ships just because some parents want it to be? I think it's quite true that when parents insist on bringing young children, then it inhibits the fun for adults. Most of us don't want to expose young children to slightly risque activities (no, I've never seen actual nudity, just skivvies), so they tone it down--all thanks to the parents who refuse to accept that Adults Only means Adults Only.

beachchick

But it's their vacation and they should spend it any way they want!:rolleyes:

Really, these parents are probably the same types that drag their kids to R rated movies at the movie theatre. I can't tell you the number of times I was horrified that some parent who couldn't be bothered to get a babysitter or just stay home brought a toddler, young child, baby to a movie that featured nudity, extreme violence, or filthy language. One example: 5 and 6 year olds, tops, attending Kill Bill. A movie so violent that I was cringing in my seat most of the time. What the heck are these folks thinking about?

RCI has bouncers at the door, they did stop 10 year olds from entering, but come on, you want them to get in an argument with every single teenager that walks up..???

I'm guessing you're this disrespectful to adults because you're on the Internet. Surely your parents (who pay for your priviledge to cruise in the first place) wouldn't tolerate this behavior from you.

But it's their vacation and they should spend it any way they want!:rolleyes:

Really, these parents are probably the same types that drag their kids to R rated movies at the movie theatre. I can't tell you the number of times I was horrified that some parent who couldn't be bothered to get a babysitter or just stay home brought a toddler, young child, baby to a movie that featured nudity, extreme violence, or filthy language. One example: 5 and 6 year olds, tops, attending Kill Bill. A movie so violent that I was cringing in my seat most of the time. What the heck are these folks thinking about?

Thinking???? THINKING?!?!?!??! You ARE assuming a lot, aren't you, Andi? ;)

Carol

I have my Compass in front of me from the Navigator back in December. It states on the front page that the Quest is "recommended" for adults. Not sure why parents do not understand what that means. If I were the CD and parents were ignorant enough to ignore the suggestion then I say why tame the show down. If it offends someone then so be it. They were warned. The same happens on Carnival with their "R" rated midnight comedy shows. They ask all under 18 to leave. Not all do and believe me so of those comics can get downright nasty.

Archived