Golden Showers

Frugalist

If this wasn't originally intended as an April Fool's post, I suggest Frugalist play it up for all it's worth and pretend the whole thing was planned.

The subtlety and punny nature make this the BEST posting of the day - very creative. Sorry, it's much better than that Princess bankruptcy post. A little naughty humor adds to the fun.

[bow]Thank you[/bow], [bow]thank you[/bow], [bow]thank you[/bow]! Do I win a cheap ship prize like they give away at those onboard contests?

If you check the time of the original posting (2:00am EST, April 1), the intent should be clear!

Glad nobody was offended. I'm sure on some of the other, stuffier, boards, that might have been a problem. But the Princess crowd is a fun-loving crowd.

My wife and I will be on the Golden Princess soon. We're concerned about the size of the showers in the standard double cabins. We are not exactly slim & trim, so we're wondering how easy it will be for us to take a shower. I've heard about the trick where you soap up the walls of the shower then turn around a few times. Will this really get all the nooks & crannies? Maybe we'd be better off using the showers up by the spa? Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Wow, I just read your confession ... nevertheless it reminded of a movie I once saw.

Golden Shower 5 - 10 Southerners

from

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guernsey/content/sport/fixtures/pool_2006_old_rules_3_fixture.shtml

Cassia fistula - Golden Shower Tree. Origin: India.

from

http://arboretum.arizona.edu/heritage_trees.html

Golden Shower Curtain manufacturers

from

http://www.trade193.com.tw/Bathroom/Shower-Curtain.htm

We are still waiting for our credit for this cruise plus the 25% on a second cruise.

Our TA said we could book only on the Queen Mary I and some replica of the HMS Bounty. The cruise line said our luggage was not lost but accessable.

Jim Ballard wants $1,200,000 to recover.

The added gratituity for the staff was also charged in our account. Besides the "Captain's Club" for frequent cruisers will not give us full credit for the cruise as we left the ship early and some fool wants to fine us.

Joe

PS

Avoid Fabio the head waiter, suspect he is still flirting with the wives of passengers. Whilst his ghost manages to still screw up food orders.

when ever a new crew member joined a ship around April 1st, they were always submitted to April Fools pranks.

Delivering an early morning saucer of milk to the ships cat was the one I fell for on my first contract.

This is a variation of an Air Force and Army pilots joke: we sent newbies off to get a gallon of either prop wash or rotar wash (the terms aviators use for the wind generated by the props or rotars). The other is "flight line: the runway: we send folks out to get a 100 yards/meters of flight line from supply.

Darn, so many fell for this it was so funny.

Having sailed a few budget liners: some ships need a ships cat

:D

Thank You, Thank You

This is a variation of an Air Force and Army pilots joke: we sent newbies off to get a gallon of either prop wash or rotar wash (the terms aviators use for the wind generated by the props or rotars). The other is "flight line: the runway: we send folks out to get a 100 yards/meters of flight line from supply.

In my line of business we used to use Vacuum Tubes instead of transistors.

We used to ask a newbe to get a "Fallopian Tube"

Thank You, Thank You

Does that ever bring back memories. During my twenties many of my friends were in the air force, and one company picnic they send me to the store for "flight line" for the volleyball net. And of course, off I went to ask for it. Along the the "prop wash" to wash their cars. Oh and don't forget the "Muffler Berrings" I went looking for at the auto store. Thank goodness I have gotten a little wiser in my ageing process.

But thank you for the nice memory of those carefree happy times.

Nancy

Thank You, Thank You

the Ships Cat had a number on the internal phone list.

How was I supposed to know that was the nick-name for the onboard carpenter.

The other pranks we used to pull were sending newbie crew up to the bridge to cover the "Whale Watch" or "Dolphin Watch" depending on where we were in the world.

My favourite was giving new crew the grass skirt & coconut bra & telling them it was the required uniform for Island night....so many fell for it :)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I fell for that one! I feel naughty because I checked this thread because of the title:eek:

Thanks for the laugh--and I also never understood the allure, but there are many things people do that I just don't understand...

I wonder if the Golden Princess has watersports in their pools. Water polo, races cannonball and others?

Not sure about that one Derf. But I was on the Sapphire March 18-25. One very popular gal on the Cruise Director's staff was Samantha (Sam for short). We first met her at the muster drill, as she was the leader for our muster station.

During the week, she led an interesting activity a few times. From Sunday's Patter: 9:30am - Make It With Sam. Again Monday at 10:30am, and once more on Friday at 1:15pm. I guess they gave her Port Days to recuperate. Being happily married, I didn't attend the festivities.

Archived