Another Whale of a Question

mooseII

You need a tour. It requires a GREAT deal of time to see them from your cruiseship- along with, proper attire, at the front of your ship for full viewing, necessary good pair of wide angle binoculars- 10x50 is my clear preference. And knowing your areas. Extremely few people are willing. Sightings are also distant and brief. You could be out 2 hours for a 2 minute view. :)

But this is me, I am always out and have excellent rewards, usually I'm alone. :) But I also ALWAYS go on whale watching tours, 4 times with Orca Enterprises last year.

We are taking the Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer excursion on NCL Sun. Are we likely to see whales or should we book a separate excursion?

Sighting whales on these tours are possible but not likely. Best bet is to take a whale watching topur to see the whales. There are always possibilities to see whales from about 1 1/2 hours South of Tracy Arm all the way to Juneau. If you are on a ship with a naturalist check with them They should know the best areas to watch.

Capt. Larry

Archived