Pan American Pier-AOS

jcruise67

Can someone advise me if there is a duty-free store in the Pan American Pier where Adventure of the Seas is docked? I heard there is one where the Golden Docks but not at the terminal where AOS is docks. Thanks.

jcruise

It has been awhile but I don't recall a duty free shop in the port at all. I do remember the hour line I waited on to just get in the building. don't go early or you will be on the line also. Better to just get dropped off and walk on, about 1-2 hours after the heard gets on...that's what I do now.

It has been awhile but I don't recall a duty free shop in the port at all. I do remember the hour line I waited on to just get in the building. don't go early or you will be on the line also. Better to just get dropped off and walk on, about 1-2 hours after the heard gets on...that's what I do now.

I'm a travel agent and I usually get premier check-in, bypassing the crowds and long lines via pier assistance. We usually arrive at the pier by 11:30 AM. I never encountered any conflict arriving early; I prefer it to arriving later. Boarding day is the best day to enjoy the pool because most pax either busy checking in throughout the day or are in port doing a pre-cruise tour or just enjoying San Juan. Since this is our 9th cruise from San Juan, we just enjoy the ship's amenities for the day.

jcruise

jcruise 67

since you are a travel agency, you do bypass the crowds. I believe the original question was about duty free shops at the pier. Do you recall the shops at the pier?

Can someone advise me if there is a duty-free store in the Pan American Pier where Adventure of the Seas is docked? I heard there is one where the Golden Docks but not at the terminal where AOS is docks. Thanks.

jcruise

Answer to your question is that the Pan American Peir is off on it's own. There is nothing around it at all. We walked to the ship from the Condado and it took almost an hour. All you see is a mile of Taxi's.

porky113

Answer to your question is that the Pan American Peir is off on it's own. There is nothing around it at all. We walked to the ship from the Condado and it took almost an hour. All you see is a mile of Taxi's.

porky113

I know the exact location of the Pan American Pier. I sailed on Golden Princess last April and there was a duty free liquor store at that particular terminal. I don't know if there is a duty free liquor store in the exact terminal where AOS is docked. I was just curious so I can make other arrangements concerning the purchase of my alcohol before boarding. I think I will just purchase my liquor before I get to the Pan American Pier just in case there isn't a duty free store where AOS is docked. Sorry if I confused anyone.

jcruise

jcruise 67

since you are a travel agency, you do bypass the crowds. I believe the original question was about duty free shops at the pier. Do you recall the shops at the pier?

ilinda...I do know that there is a duty free store at the Pan American Pier where the Golden Princess is docked. I don't know if there is one where AOS docks. There both on the same pier, but different terminal berths. We purchased alcohol in the terminal where the Golden Princess is berthed. Soryy if I got off the beaten path here.

jcruise

I'm going on AOS in Sept. and one of the other cc member had the answer to this. I think he said that when you are at the pier and at the terminal, if the liquor store was not in that building, check in and get back off the ship and go to the other building. He said not a far walk. The liquor store is in one of the building, not both of them.

Missy

• 4 weeks later...

... and the cool thing is, it is inside the security area, so you can board the ship, then go back to the store with a back pack or purse and purchase whatever you want. You will not have to go through security again, so no one will hassell you about the liquor. There's a limited selection of wines, a few cigars, a few brands of cigarettes. No beer, though. Everything is duty free.

We were on the AOS last month, so I'm pretty sure this is all still accurate...

• 3 weeks later...
... and the cool thing is, it is inside the security area, so you can board the ship, then go back to the store with a back pack or purse and purchase whatever you want. You will not have to go through security again, so no one will hassell you about the liquor. There's a limited selection of wines, a few cigars, a few brands of cigarettes. No beer, though. Everything is duty free.

We were on the AOS last month, so I'm pretty sure this is all still accurate...

I just got back from the AOS last night, yes there is a duty free shop inside the terminal where you can buy liquor after passing through security. The key is to put it in a bag or carryon where it will be out of sight. I did see the crew confiscating more than one persons purchases as they boarded the ship with the liquor in plain view.

Archived