Do Shakes Cost Extra at Johnny Rockets?

And what does the cover charge cover?I'm not sure I understand what you get for your $3.95 cover charge. Does that just get you in the door and you still have to pay extra for drinks, or food?

It is pretty much the same type cover charge as the specialty restaurants, it covers your food, unlimited, but no beverages. I believe they re-instated the cover charge becaus eit is such a small place to eat and it would get PACKED when it was free. I remember sailing on Voyager and not even being able to get near the place. Now however, not everyone eats there because of the charge. Just like the specialty restaurants are smaller with limited space and therefore charge the $20 fee to eat there, you pay a small fe for Johnny's. However, if you have sailed RCI before and get a C&A coupon book you will have one free entry to eat there anyway :)

~Jen

And what does the cover charge cover?I'm not sure I understand what you get for your $3.95 cover charge. Does that just get you in the door and you still have to pay extra for drinks, or food?

All the food on the menu that you can eat while you sit there.

You CAN do takeout, but it's not unlimited food. I believe that it's a burger, fries and onion rings, one order of each, in a bag, for your $3.95. If I'm wrong, someone is SURE to correct me within nanoseconds. :D

I am so disappointed to hear that JR's is no longer free! Is the cover charge per person? I think this is way too much quite frankly, particularly in light of the fact it used to be free. I just booked on Mariner today for an Aug. 27 sailing.

Yes, the charge is per person and it's been in place for more than 2 years on Navigator and Mariner, and for well over a year (going on 2 years soon) on the other three Voyager class ships.

There have been about 100 threads about this, all with various suggestions as to the reason for instituting the charge and with positive and negative reactions.

beachchick

Johnny Rocket's charges are:

$3.95 all the food you can eat

$3.60 Shakes and Malts

$2.60 Floats

$1.50 Sodas and Flavored (Cherry, Chocolate, Vanilla, Lemon) Coke

$1.50 Coffee, Tea

$1.95 Espresso

$2.75 Cappuccino

$3.75 Draft Beer

Hope this helps.

The cover charge covers...greesey diner food and maybe a song (YMCA) by the wait staff. Sorry, I think it's a rip off.

Didn't you already get beat to death on this issue a couple of weeks ago...

Out of curiosity, if you only want a shake (or float, soda, espresso, etc.), do you have to pay the $3.95 pp cover charge just to enter JR and then pay another $3.60 per shake even if you don't want any food? If one person goes in to buy the shakes, can that one person buy 2 shakes to go and only pay a single $3.95 charge or will they charge that one person $7.90 because s/he is purchasing 2 shakes?

I haven't been on a Voyager class ship so I don't know the JR rules.

The charge for the shakes is per shake as they are considered drinks and need to be paid for in the same manner. I find it hard to believe they would charge you the cover charge if you tell them up front you just want to get a shake, particularly if it is an order to go and you don't need a seat.

I know beverages are extra, but does anyone know if Johnny Rockets accepts the soda card.

The one time I was on a Voyager class ship, JR's was free.

We plan on visiting it on our upcoming Mariner cruise and am still trying to figure out if it will be worth it to buy the soda cards.

You CAN do takeout, but it's not unlimited food. I believe that it's a burger, fries and onion rings, one order of each, in a bag, for your $3.95. If I'm wrong, someone is SURE to correct me within nanoseconds. :D
This is why I don't buy the "cover charge because of overcrowding" story. If that were the truth, take-out would be free, and they'd only charge for people who want to eat in. People who get take-out don't hog the tables.

If the take-out window provided free food all of the people that now avoid Johnny Rockets because of the surcharge would return and get their food to go. While these people might not need a table, the kitchen still has to prepare all the food and they would still be overextended resulting in a decline in the service provided to those inside that did pay. The service charge reduces the number of people that need to be served overall to a reasonable level.

Didn't you already get beat to death on this issue a couple of weeks ago...

LOL...yes indeed. Here we go again...."I can't beleive they still charge for Johnny Rockets" The OP has no idea what he/she started :D

Yes, I am curious to know if JR on NOS accepts the prepaid soda card for beverages/juices. I know they probably don't accept it for shakes, but was just wondering about other beverages. We plan to buy the cards for the kids and I'm sure they'll want to visit JR.:o

Archived