Southern Caribbean Delimma: Serenade or Crown in Dec.?

Hello All! I'm new to posting, but I have loved reading all the great advice from all of you, so now I need your expertise/opinions please!

Here's what's going on: my hubby and I are planning to go on a cruise in December with our good friends (who are first time cruisers) to the Southern Caribbean. We have narrowed down our choices to two ships that leave Dec. 9; RCI's Serenade of the Seas or the Crown Princess. The price is pretty close between the two so now it seems like it is between ports of call.

The Serenade itinerary includes:

San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands; Island of St. Martin-Maarten, Guadeloupe; St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda; Castries, St. Lucia; and Bridgetown, Barbados

The Crown visits:

San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Georges, Grenada; Bonaire; and Aruba, Aruba

Besides going on both, any suggestions?

Both itineraries sound fabulous, so unless there is an island that's unique to each one that you feel you must visit, it will come down to the size of the ship that you want. The Crown will be enormous and the Serenade is mid-sized. I've sailed the Serenade's itinerary but on the Adventure of the Seas - wonderful.

You may want to surf the RCI board and the Princess board and read some reviews. The Crown is a new ship so the closest thing to it will be the Caribbean Princess.

The Serenade ranks in the top 5 of most cruise ship rankings. Good luck with your decision!

2HappyTravelers

I can't help you decide but just thought I would tell you that my DH and I are booked on the Crown Princess for the Dec. 9 Cruise and there is a roll call already going on the Princess roll call board. Come and check it out as there are quiet a few people already booked and they sound like a fun group. I want to go back to Aruba and being a brand new ship is the reason I decided to go with that itinerary. Hope you join us but if not enjoy your cruise.:D

Having just gotten back from sailing the Serenade and that itinerary, I highly recommend the Serenade of the Seas. Great ship, beautiful views, the islands we visited were great, and due to the days we visited weren't crowded at all.

Archived