What happens to your luggage on a BTB and other questions

KathiSF

I'm going on my first BTB in a couple of weeks. The Dawn Princess cruises to Mexico for 10 days, returns to SF and cruises to Vancouver for 3 days. I booked it too late to get the same cabin. I have a couple of questions:

1 - What happens to your luggage? Do you keep it in your room? Put it in the hall? Move it yourself? Have the staff move it for you?

2- How long do you have use of your old room? When can you "move into" your new room?

3 - Are there places on the ship you can go to keep out of the way of the people waiting to get off?

4 - This isn't a BTB question, but maybe someone can answer it. As of today I have credit for 4 Princess Cruises. The first hafl of my BTB is cruise 5. Will I be considered "Platinum" during the 6th cruise, or after? I hope it's during the 6th cruise - just like you are "gold" during the 2nd cruise. I'd just like to be sure.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Kathi

I'm going on my first BTB in a couple of weeks. The Dawn Princess cruises to Mexico for 10 days, returns to SF and cruises to Vancouver for 3 days. I booked it too late to get the same cabin. I have a couple of questions:

1 - What happens to your luggage? Do you keep it in your room? Put it in the hall? Move it yourself? Have the staff move it for you? They will usually send someone to help you move your personal belongings. You do not pack and put your luggage in the hall the night before the first leg of your cruise ends just keep it. When you get on board, go to the Pursers desk and ask how they handle the move. You usually also get some printed information with instructions a night or two before your first leg ends.

2- How long do you have use of your old room? When can you "move into" your new room? You can stay in your old room until you new room is ready.

3 - Are there places on the ship you can go to keep out of the way of the people waiting to get off? All of the public areas will be open, but people leaving the ship will be occupying them also. Horizon court will be open.

4 - This isn't a BTB question, but maybe someone can answer it. As of today I have credit for 4 Princess Cruises. The first hafl of my BTB is cruise 5. Will I be considered "Platinum" during the 6th cruise, or after? I hope it's during the 6th cruise - just like you are "gold" during the 2nd cruise. I'd just like to be sure. Yes, you will get your Platinum card at the end of your first cruise. If you don't go to the Captains Circle desk and request it.

Kathi

Have a great time. You're going to love the B2B. When you see all those suitcases in the hall knowing none of them is yours. That's a sweet feeling.

1 - What happens to your luggage? Do you keep it in your room? Put it in the hall? Move it yourself? Have the staff move it for you? Talk with your cabin steward they will help you move to the new cabin. when we di it we packed our suitcases with stuff from the drawers and the steward brought a hanging cart to transport all the hanging stuff.

2- How long do you have use of your old room? When can you "move into" your new room? They will want you out in time to clean for the new passengers. Go and meet your new steward and check with him / her as to when the new cabin will be ready.

3 - Are there places on the ship you can go to keep out of the way of the people waiting to get off? We had the run of the ship, no limits except for the usual stuff closed (like port days).

4 - This isn't a BTB question, but maybe someone can answer it. As of today I have credit for 4 Princess Cruises. The first hafl of my BTB is cruise 5. Will I be considered "Platinum" during the 6th cruise, or after? I hope it's during the 6th cruise - just like you are "gold" during the 2nd cruise. I'd just like to be sure. Princess web site says "Platinum Member (6th through 15th cruise), so I would expect you to get the platinum card on your 6th cruise.

Kathi

Have a great time......:)

Have a great time. You're going to love the B2B. When you see all those suitcases in the hall knowing none of them is yours. That's a sweet feeling.

On our Tahiti B2B....we actually had many people tell us.......our TA didn't tell us we could do that (B2B)..........so we told them......neither did ours......we thought it up all by ourselves.....:)

Our experiences with cabin changes on back-to-backs has been good - with adequate assistance from ship's staff to make the move relatively easy.

Never had a problem finding a place to relax on "turn-around day" but of course, there is always next time. Depending on the port, you may wish to "hit the beach" and see the sights.

Never had a problem finding a place to relax on "turn-around day" but of course, there is always next time. Depending on the port, you may wish to "hit the beach" and see the sights.

Thank you all for the information. :) It's so much easier knowing what to expect. I like the idea of not having to put everything our in the hall the night before.

Druke my "turn-around port" is my home port - San Francisco. With the weather we have been having lately I don't think anyone will want to "hit the beach".

:confused: I've been trying to decide if it makes sense to bring the clothes to Mexico only on the first cruise, then go home and switch suitcases for the 2nd one. The second cruise is to Canada and I expect it to be a bit cooler there.

BTW my DH is leaving the ship in SF and my best friend will be traveling to Canada with me. It might be easier on him if I help him bring his stuff home and I'm sure I'll need a lot "less stuff" on a 3 day cruise than a 10 day one. It's not much fun dragging a lot of "Stuff" home on an airplane.

On the other hand, I'm thinking if the spa is looking for "models" I could volunteer before the others even get on the ship. I've always wanted to do that.

Decisions, decisions, decisions - I'm sure in the long run it really won't make a lot of difference what I do.

Thanks again for the help.

KathiSF,

Here are more fun things to do on turnaround day.

1. See how the other half lives. Most of the cabins are open for cleaning and you have a chance to peek into the BIG Suites or even find that perfect cabin for your next cruise.:D

2. Be a crew member. Stand by the gangway and say goodby to everyone and thank them for sailing with you, just like the CD and their staff does. :rolleyes:

3. Be a guide. Look for lost looks as the new passengers come on and help them find their way around.:cool:

BTB's are so much fun. Enjoy

Stan

Archived